PDA

View Full Version : Beaverton OR - Discus store

1bigfish
11-28-2003, 04:20 PM
Hello,

Just to let the people around Oregon know that a new Discus store has opened. Last friday was the grand opening of Thriving Discus located in old town Beaverton at 4525 SW Watson Avenue. The owners name is Art and he's a nice guy with a great selection of discus. Discus are both imported and local. I just stumbled across the store while hitting every other shop in town last sunday. I think his hours are 10AM - 7PM daily.

Later,

Steve

1bigfish
11-29-2003, 09:16 PM
Has anyone else around Portland had a chance to take a look at this new Discus store yet?

seadude
01-02-2004, 05:37 AM
I will check it out first thing tomorrow. Will let you know...

seadude
01-03-2004, 12:52 AM
Checked out the place today... The owner of Thriving Discus is Art Chusri. He seem to be a very honest guy, he told me right off that he is not a breeder but a importer, although he is trying to breed some. It's even stated in his business card "Thriving Discus Tropical & Exotic Fish (Discus Importer)". Not like some store in SE portland that claim to be a Hatchery/breeder (laughable!!) when every single one of their discus are imported. The Thriving Discus store website is "www.thrivingdiscus.com". It's still under construction. Definitely worth checking this store out. He has some pigeon, blue diamond, oriental lepard, Marlboro Red, etc... He also has new order next week which include some red leopard Snake Skin!!. Prices are reasonable and negotiable too... Anyway, this is my first impression, although I had wrong first impression before such as the damn store in SE portland. Visit the store and Judge by yourself.

Jeff
01-03-2004, 12:25 PM
I have known Art over a year. I would trust him. He is an honest guy. ;)