PDA

View Full Version : My Humble Planted 100 Gallon

yippy
01-02-2004, 09:29 AM
Hi guys, well finally felt game enough to post a few pics. Im trying to have the best of both worlds - planted and easy maintenance. All the plants are live (mainly ambulia) except for a couple of small ones at the front are silk.

Tank is 100 gallons (Imperial gallons, not US) , I have 6 discus, 4 bolivian rams, and 8 corys in there - did have 8 discus, but my blue turq pair are now in a breeding tank. Another pair in their have been laying on plants, so guess ill be moving them soon as well. The other 4 are "swingers", the 3 females keep swapping with my male pb - lay on the glass, anywhere - mad they are :o My bd sometimes lays just for the sake of laying - not even with the pb - i have a nice male bd coming for her - so hopefully she'll like him - i think anyone will do for her.

Anyway, heres a couple of pics.

Kerry :)

yippy
01-02-2004, 09:31 AM
nearly the same :o

yippy
01-02-2004, 09:34 AM
And heres the pair (not part of the "swinger' gang) laying on the anubia leaf.

yippy
01-02-2004, 09:37 AM
Last one - the female is a super red turq and i have no idea what the male is - hes a brown based with turq around his head and fins. ??? So maybe a brownbasedxdunno :)

Kerry

ChloroPhil
01-02-2004, 10:19 AM
That's really nice! I'm not a huge fan of Ambulia, but you've pulled off a good tank with it. I can see your fish appreciate your efforts. Congrats on the spawning.

Now all you need is a little red light and a disco ball for them. ;)

yippy
01-02-2004, 10:39 AM
Thanks Phil,

I mainly have ambulia as it is just so easy to grow - ive cut that back alot - it was actually growing out the back of the hood and had flowers on the ends - lol. I dont want too much in there as I have 3 other tanks to look after - one at the moment has 500 or more red devil fry ::) And my blue turq pair are looking close to laying again, and I also have some golden pb juvies (got them off Rod Lewis) growing out in a 4 foot, as well as betta tanks etc. so need something easy. Id love more plants in that planted tank (the rest are bare bottom) but i just dont have time for extra work. The way it is now, i dont have to worry about uprooting plants, just move the pots about.

Want any devil kids? Theyre free, but only in batches of 50 or more. :o Ill even pay the shipping costs ???

Kerry

Smokey
01-02-2004, 01:35 PM
Lovely tank, K.

However - when are you going to change that background??

Smokey
[weather up-date - minus 21C', blowing snow, ]

yippy
01-02-2004, 04:54 PM
Hi Smoke, I took the backing off the other day and the discus abused me all day - so i had to put it back on. ;D
They love living in the lost world of Atlantis ;)

And dont tell me discus are scared of limestone like you did once before - lol - they love it ;)

Want some of Bruties kids?????? Going for FREE in batches of 50, but you can have 2 batches if you like :D

Kerry

crazy4discus
01-02-2004, 07:14 PM
very nice tank

jules
01-03-2004, 09:35 AM
Yippy - you have a neat looking tank. May I ask when you treat with meds where do you put your plants?

yippy
01-03-2004, 05:34 PM
Hi Jules, I havent had to medicate that tank yet - touch wood. Those fish in there had a bad slime disease a while back, but they were in another tank then - a bb. All my fish got sick, even my red devil caught it, so i had to medicate every tank. I have a hospital tank here now, so id medicate them in there if need be, or if something happened and they all got sick id just take all the plants out and start over, that plant ambulia grows like wild fire anyway, so wouldnt take long to get it going again.

mickeyG
03-20-2004, 02:51 PM
Very nice :)

What is your substrate. I like the gray with the green of the plants.

mickeyG