PDA

View Full Version : Ronca

H Tran
01-04-2004, 11:15 PM
Hi Ronca,

I am working on the over flow system that you shown in your Mini Rack. I am running into a little problem: NOISE. The water level rises up to the upward 90 degree elbow and flows in there. This creates an air sucking noise that's very loud. What went wrong. Is the water current too strong for the 1" pipe?

Please, advice...

Thanks,

H Tran

ronrca
01-05-2004, 01:12 PM
;)
I had the same problem so instead of using a 90, use a T. That way the air will be sucked from the top of the T instead of thru the overflow. ;)

H Tran
01-05-2004, 03:37 PM
Ronca,

You mean by replacing the upward 90 elbow with the T the sucking noise will be eliminated? I'll try that method, but how would that make a difference?

Thanks,

H Tran

ronrca
01-05-2004, 03:50 PM
Hmmmmm! Perhaps we are talking about different 90s! ;)
Im refering to the 90 outside the tank, not inside. If you have the T installed outside, no air will be sucked rather the water will just flow into the inside 90. Give it a try and let me know! ;)

H Tran
01-05-2004, 04:08 PM
Ronca,

I am using the T for outside the tank. It's a 1" X 1 1/2" T. Could it be that my pump (750 gph) is too strong for the 1" water outlet? Need I increase it to a bigger size? Mine is a 180 g tank.

ronrca
01-05-2004, 05:18 PM
*Do we have a light bulb smilie somewhere*
LOL
I know what your talking about. I bet your water level is rising above the 90 in the tank by just a half and inch or less!? In my tanks, the water level usually doesnt rise that high. If it does, I turn down the water flow by adjusting the valve after the water pump (dont limit the water before or in front of the pump). You could also try rotating the elbow to the right or left by 90 degrees or more so it can not suck air from above the water level.