PDA

View Full Version : Marlboro Spots

wilyeo
01-12-2004, 01:10 AM
:-* I have a blue diamond, leopard, red turquoise and a red marlboro. Why does the red marlboro have very tiny black spots all over its face, specifically above and below its mouth. He is the most active and greedy of the lot. Anything to be worried about. I have had it for about 3 weeks.

The blue diamond is the most timid of them all. Chooses to be not part of the group and only comes together during feeding time. He use to be a brighter blue but now is slightly a darker blue (not black). Any problems?

heavyp83
01-12-2004, 01:17 AM
Marlboro Red discus are pigeon blood derived, all pigeon blood derived discus have peppering ( the black spots the you see) some fish have more and some fish have less, they will also come and go due to certain conditions. stress will bring them out. hth

;D

aloha_discus
01-12-2004, 01:19 AM
Aloha and welcome to simply. The blk areas on your malboros are normal. Your malboro is of pidgeonblood line. The blk spots you see are called pepper. The pepper varies, The less IMO spots the better the quality. Again just my opinion. The spots are nothing to worry about.
As far as the blue diamond is concerned, give it some time. But also let us know what your parameters are as far temp, ph, and otheer than discus what other tank mates are there. Just some basic info can go a long ways in answering your questions.
Just keep posting, reading and the knowledge will be passed on to you.

Mahalo,Ike ;D

wilyeo
01-12-2004, 01:25 AM
Thanks Pete and Ike for your quick answers. Ike, as requested, before the water change yesterday ph was about 7.0 or so and after the water change I deided not to reduce the ph and left it at 7.4 (decison made was due to the many recommendations to leave the ph as normal in these sites). Temperature is at a good 28 C as I am in Malaysia(tropical wheather). I use a Japanese solution called 'Geo Liquid' for discuses. it is suppose to act as a ph stabilizer and also to wade off bacterias. Comments gentlemen.