PDA

View Full Version : Beef Heart Making Work Shop?

Jeff
01-12-2004, 12:58 PM
Everyone is always asking me how to make my beef heart/shrimp mix. This coming Sunday the 18th of January I will be mixing up 10-15 lbs if anyone is interested you are welcome to come by and visit. I will be starting at 12:00. I'm sold out of fish at this time, but will have some available shortly.

Carol_Roberts
01-12-2004, 02:09 PM
What kind of a salesman are you, Jeff? Don't you know you're supposed to have tanks full of fish to sell if you're giving a food-making demonstration? ;) ;) ;) ;) ;D

April
01-12-2004, 02:19 PM
Carol isnt it your fault his tanks are empty? didnt you order fish from him?
who else has cleaned jeff out of fish??
ok jeff i will be there for the beefheart making demonstation. can i lick the spoon? I always got to lick the spoon when my mom baked....lol. ok i will be there in spirit!!

ping
01-12-2004, 02:39 PM
Do i need a booking ? I will be there Jeff ;D
No discus available ... I am sad :( .. I have to travel far away and no discus for me ;D ;D

Pril, I'll be there in spirit too ;D
Dont forget the pictures guys, even better with a movie ;)

Regards,
Ronny

Divantie
01-12-2004, 04:35 PM
I be there Jeff!

Carol_Roberts
01-12-2004, 07:02 PM
I have fish on order from the next shipment - blizzards and ghosts looking to make a fresh start in a new country . . . ;D

Jeff
01-12-2004, 07:30 PM
You guys are too much. :D

Tad
01-12-2004, 07:55 PM
I can see it now ;D....Jeff with his own cooking show on the "Animal Planet" :P

regards,
Tad :-*

Jeff
01-12-2004, 08:02 PM
You never know. Infomercials at least. As big as I am they will trust what I'm cooking. They will think I know my foods well. ;D

Blackmango
01-18-2004, 07:13 AM
I can't make your workshop but am currently reading all the befheart recipes I can find. The only thing I'm worried about is getting the meat the right consistency i.e. not too fine so as not to foul the water.
Am using gelatin but not "cooking" the beefheart mixture as I believe the rawer the more nutritious. (No animals in the wild cook that I know of) .
All I have is a blender and food processor, no meat grinder. Some recipes mention processing already frozen mixture through a "salad shooter" (takes out escess water)?
Any advice from you would be much appreciated.
Gunda in T.O. :book:

Carol_Roberts
01-18-2004, 07:45 PM
I use the salad shooter. I put partially thawed 1/2 inch cubes of beefheart in the salad shooter which turns the cubes into shreds . . . . . like shredded carrots or shredded cheese - little worm like pieces. There is no mix. It is pure beefheart in discus bite-sized pieces.