PDA

View Full Version : "Gathering" in Tennessee!

Gunnie
01-12-2004, 11:46 PM
About every 3 months, folks gather at www.fishstore.com for a day of fun. People bring fish, plants, etc. to sell or trade. You don't have to bring anything. You are welcome to come just to meet other people who love fish. It will probably start around 8:00 a.m. on the 31st of this month, and end around 4:00 p.m. that evening. Bernie (owner of The Fish Store) has also announced that Doc Holiday will be there with discus for sale or trade. So if you can make it to Evensville, TN on the 31st of this month, I think it will be worth your while. Here's more links on what will be up for sale or trade.

http://fishgeeks.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=20409

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=14186&postdays=0&postorder=asc&sta rt=0

PTDiscus
01-13-2004, 04:55 PM
Tis GREAT! We have been looking for Discus people close to us down here in Greenback. Were exactly in Evenville are you? Can you send us directions and we will try to make it. It is only about 60 miles from us.

Pat & Terri

Gunnie
01-13-2004, 07:58 PM
Actually, I am in Tallahassee, but think it's going to be so much fun, I'm flying in. The closest airport is Chattanooga, & I will drive about 35 miles from there. Go to Bernie's website www.fishstoretn.com (http://www.fishstoretn.com). He may have directions, or I'm sure one of those links talks more about where the store is. I am soooooo excited. This has been going on for awhile now, and it sounds like a blast. I think his website may also have a toll free number you can call for directions. Hope to see you there ;D

PTDiscus
01-28-2004, 11:10 AM
Ok I see no body has touched this post for a week or so... Who is going? We are planning on being there. We are hoping for alot of discus as we are looking for more.

Pat

Gunnie
01-29-2004, 03:38 PM
I will be there of course! If you haven't already done so, go back and re-read the threads on the other forums. People are still replying on them. You might even be able to call Bernie at www.fishstoretn.com (http://www.fishstoretn.com) and ask if he can find out if what kind of discus will be there. He says the guy bringing them used to run with some of the big breeders including wattley and others. And the name is Doc Friday, not Doc Holiday (you can guess what we watch in our house ::)) See you Saturday!

Carolina discus
01-30-2004, 01:33 AM
Attention TN Discus folk...
Good luck on the gathering. Have you seen the post on the Southern Discus workshop???
It is close to happening if I can get a little more interest...
Let me know.
Eric

Gunnie
01-30-2004, 04:22 AM
Eric,
It's a bit far for me, but if it's okay, I'd like to pass that thread on to some others on another forum who may be interested?

Gunnie
02-03-2004, 09:38 PM
PTDiscus,
So what did you think? I found out after you left who you were, and didn't see you come back for the tank. Didn't you get a 55 gal. set up? Did you get to see the discus? Now I really want some! The next "gathering" will be April 10th, if you plan on going back. I will try and post the pictures I took of the discus by this weekend. They didn't come out very well, but I'll share what I got.

PTDiscus
02-06-2004, 10:31 AM
Ok now you have me at a disadvantage Gunnie.... Who are you? Yes we were at the Gathering, and Yes we did buy the 55gal setup. Nice price I might add compared to what we pay around here. And Yes we bought 2 adult discus. 1 Snowwhite and 1 blue that Doc brought up. Beautiful fish and yes I do have pictures. I don't know if we will make the next gathering or not but will try. You know around the same time frame there is going to be a meeting in NC for all the Southeastern states. Ok Gunnie tell us who you are we really only talked with 1 couple up there who posts on the computer.

Also... Do you know how to get in contact with Doc Holiday?

Pat & Terri

PTDiscus
02-06-2004, 10:33 AM
Doesn't he remind you of Blue Suede Shoes? My wife has named him Elvis!

Gunnie
02-07-2004, 03:06 PM
I came in with my some fishgeek friends (Tennhound). I flew up there, and didn't get my rental car like I was supposed to so a few of the people there provided transportation. If you go to this thread, http://www.fishgeeks.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=20409&pos tdays=0&postorder=asc&start=100 I am the strawberry blond on the right with the blue jacket. Are you in this picture? I don't know what you look like either. Bernie told us after you left in the morning who you were when I mentioned someone from this site was going to be there. Please try and come to the next one if you can. If there are some more babies you want from Doc Friday, just let Bernie know, and he can arrange for what you want. I don't think you will get them any cheaper talking with him directly, and the only way I know to contact him is through Bernie. Your babies are just awesome! Hope to see you at the next one if my finances will allow it!

PTDiscus
02-08-2004, 01:50 PM
Hey Gunnie,

Yes we are in the picture. near the back of the picture. Terri is the blond wearing a Melon/peach color top and I am right behind her with the hat on. Like I said in my last post I do not know if we will make the next Gathering. Would be nice. We are talking about going to the one in North Carolina in late April or Early May.
The main reason to chat with Doc is to verify what he was feeding the fish. They are doing just Great but they are a bit on the picky side when it comes to eating. Of course it would be great to get additional fish as well. LOL
So did you buy any Discus at the Gathering? If you did or have some it would be great to see some pictures.

Pat & Terri

Gunnie
02-08-2004, 05:18 PM
Nope. No discus for me yet. That's why I joined this site was because I wanted the best advice from people who only talk about discus. Once I get my house in order though, I probably will. Right now, we have 4 tanks in our living room! I am planning on going to the next gathering depending on what weekend it is. I thought it was definately going to be the 17th of April, but now they're talking about the weekend of the 24th, or the first weekend of May which is not good for me. They are also talking about a 2 day affair, and a special after hours tour of the Tennessee Aquarium in Chattanooga! I really want to go! If you want me to, send me a pm with your email address, and I'll have Bernie contact you. That's the only way I know to contact Doc.

PTDiscus
02-11-2004, 05:08 PM
One thing to remember.... The end of April or the first part of May there will be a gathering in North Carolina. It is going to be a 2 day event. Fish Auction or Sale along with Guest Speakers. If you like there is another thread here with all the information.

Pat & Terri

Gunnie
02-16-2004, 10:23 PM
Pat and Terri,
Where is that thread?

PTDiscus
02-17-2004, 08:46 PM
This one has alot of posts of who is going etc...
http://forum.simplydiscus.com//index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=15879

This is an update and website information
http://forum.simplydiscus.com//index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=16472

I think that covers it all.

Are you going to the gathering in April???

Pat & Terri
PTDiscusİ

Gunnie
02-17-2004, 09:40 PM
Thanks Pat & Terri. Yep, I'm planning on being there. I'm trying to figure out how I could take some angels home from Jake (wrenchpuller). His babies in January were beautiful! I think I'll start a new thread for this new gathering.

PTDiscus
02-19-2004, 06:54 AM
Are you driving or flying? Either way it should not be difficult to get some fish home. But I thought you wanted to get some discus? ;)

Carolina discus
02-20-2004, 02:57 AM
Hello Everyone!!!
Looks like there will be many of you attending the Southern Discus Workshop April 3 and 4 in Atlanta. Please see the website for details
http://southerndiscusworkshop.freeservers.com/
We are adding more speakers and great prizes for the free raffle. Wait until you see all the awesome fish. I will start posting list of donators soon.
Please let me know if you will be attending.
Thank you so much for your support!!!
Eric
Carolina Discus

Gunnie
03-02-2004, 07:50 PM
Pat & Terri,
I'm still too chicken to start a discus tank and feel that angels are the next step for me. I also have 2 empty tanks right now (1 110 gal. & 1 55 gal.), so who knows, maybe I'll have both in the near future!