PDA

View Full Version : Heat guard

M0oN
01-19-2004, 07:08 PM
Looking for suggestions on a heater guard for an Ebo Jaeger 250 watt heater.

Does anyone know if TetraTec makes a design large enough for them? They're fairly thick heaters.

Thanks
Jason

ronrca
01-20-2004, 11:04 AM
Heater Guard? Not sure what you mean exactly! Can you describe a little more? ;)

Do you use the suction cups to mount the heater or is it laying on the bottom of the tank?

M0oN
01-20-2004, 12:29 PM
I could do either, but it generally wouldn't make a difference, it's on the side but very low to the bottom.

I'm talking about somthing to go around the heater to keep fish from burning themselves on it...I'll be getting a sting ray and they're very prone to doing these sorts of things...so I'm looking for some sort of material that will transfer the heat to the water without getting hot enough to burn the fish.

oodi
01-20-2004, 12:56 PM
Hi Jason,

We've used this type from Big Al's. I think they would probably work fine with the Ebo... of all the heater guards I've seen, these seem to be the most "universal."

HTH,

Judi
:)

M0oN
01-20-2004, 01:23 PM
Thanks a lot oodi, that's what I was considering, I just wasn't sure if it came in a size large enough to fit around such a big heater and I'd imagine I'll need two per heater as they're so long.

Jason

falcon
01-22-2004, 05:10 PM
Moon, you will have to get two of these as one is not enough. They sell seperately just two pieces and it's a bit cheaper. But the longest one, I think they show for 300W and then the one for the shortest.

Rick_May
01-22-2004, 08:51 PM
I'm sure you could make one like the screens on cones.