PDA

View Full Version : Simply Cichlids

peter_griffin
01-27-2004, 11:50 PM
Do you have to register as new member on simply cichlids? My password will not work overthere.

Ryan
01-28-2004, 12:01 AM
Hi Tom,

Yes, the Cichlid and Angelfish sites are stand-alone sites, meaning that we run them but all the memberships and such are separate. If you would like a membership with those sites, you'll have to sign up again for each one. I would, however, suggest using the same username and password for each site--it makes it easier that way to remember everything.

Ryan

peter_griffin
01-28-2004, 12:24 AM
thanks, I'll do that 8)

BTW: It seems to me like Simply Angels is pretty inactive, and Simply Cichlids is going just a little better. Why not combine the two and start a new forum on other (not cichlids) fish. Say, Simply Tropicals........Simply Aquariums...... or something. There a ton of interesting freshwater fish that are not in the cichlid family (tetras, loaches, catfish, labrynth fish, livebearers,... etc).

Just a thought, Tom

Ryan
01-28-2004, 12:25 AM
Eventually it may be a possibility, Tom. At this point we have stuck with cichlids and angels because it's something we were familiar with. It doesn't mean that in the future that we won't branch out in other areas. The other sites are fairly small and will hopefully grow over time as this discus site did.

Ryan

peter_griffin
01-28-2004, 01:09 AM
How long did it take to get the discus site really humming?

It seems like a discus site would always have the most potential for freshwater. Being that there is a perception that discus are harder to keep and need more care. Plus there is still a great deal of debate over discus care husbandry. Do you find that to be the case?