PDA

View Full Version : Toronto Discus Club Meeting

Joao
01-31-2004, 05:20 PM
Allright guys , here we are.

I proposed to set a meeting very soon, I have a few names in my list that I got from the posts, and I'm going to try to get everyone envolved.

I have the place , that I'm going to rent for the day, I think I can get a good price wich it'll be divided for all the participants, as well as the expenses envolved, I'm going to do everthing in a good way, I'll provide coffee, tea , juice, soft drinks, and some cookies, we have to share the expenses , it's for everyone.

In this meeting we are going to discuss everthing related to this hobby, as well how to improve our club, like getting more into it. My idea in the future is to have an association, w/ some kind a publication like a magazine, we're going to trade and sell fish here, and my idea is if everyone that are interested in selling fish to bring their own tank, an heater and airstone w/ pump. Sorry guys, maybe when we have a decent club, we can have our own tanks and all the acessories, so that way you only have to bring fish, but since no one wants to spoil their fish you might want to bring all the staff for the show. So that way you can put the price on it and try to seel it here in the meeting.

Now, this my first time on it, and I'll do what I can to suceed, but I need your help and your input, I have to thank enthancote to bright the idea, and hope this time we going to do it , w/ the help of everyone. So guys let's do it, about selling your fish ,the price is up to you , but don't try to sell it above the price, or more than the store, because otherwise it's not worth for people comming by and try to get a good deal, we have to figure out how's going to work, or maybe an auction, if somebody want's to donate fish to the club we have to hold an auction in favor of the club to cover the expenses of this meetings, otherwise we have to count w/ donations or fee's, and we might get some sponsers, so that way they can supply us all the acessories that we need, like ( tanks, heaters, etc...)

The names:

Bob Wilson (need to comfirm ); Ethancote ; Jason (Superior Discus) ; Jim_Shelden ; JimmyL ; Barbara Neweel ; ShadowDiscus-Kevin ; Marcelo Paniza ; Yawire ; Kuma ; Peter ; Jk-John ; Turquis ; Sean ; Mustysushi ; Mench ( USA) ; Bobcat ; Mykuhl ; Graigy ; Ybnormal ; Murphy ; UpperCanada (Barrie ) ; Farzal ; Wayne29 ; KevinF-Kevin.

This people I got from simplydiscus, that shown interest in the club, and some people we have to see if they're interested like Bob Wilson ,Turquis , etc..

If you all the people here agree and maybe more wants to join please send me a message with your name , your opinions, ideas for this meeting, when is the best time to hold it, I think weekend is better we have all day to prepare for the meeting and show the fish. You don't need to bring food, there's a lot of reataurants in this area, there's parking for a few cars then you have to park outside, but allways we leave room for the downloads...
When I get all the names and comfirmation that we have enoughf peolpe for that, I will anounce the meeting contact everyone, give you all the directions , and all the information.

One more thing, I'm not fluent in english or even in discus, so just counting with your help...

LET"S GO GUYS< ;) ;) ;) ;D ;D ; POST IT>

One for and All for one,

Joao

jim_shedden
02-04-2004, 01:43 PM
:thumbsup:

jim

Joao
02-04-2004, 10:36 PM
Joao ; Ethancote ; Jason ( Superior Discus ) ; Jim ; Bob Wilson (Noth American Discus) ; Turquis ; Marcelo Paniza ; Upper Canada ; Farzad ; KevinF ; Wayne29 ; Moira ; ShadowDiscus ; Kuma (from Pickering)

EthanCote.com
02-05-2004, 01:23 PM
Here are some inputs.

In regard to a club normally we have a guest speaker that will speak on a topic of interest. So from here I believe you should try to find someone with experience with discus that would like to be a guest speaker. If you can't find a guest speaker, then perhaps think of some topics of interest for people to discus. This way, you have some sort of outline to follow.

What I suggest is for you to get together with a few people that would want to start up the club and go through a few things such as cost to participants, who will be the guest speaker, what are the guidelines to selling discus at the club, etc....

You should have a working template of some sort and then take it from there. It will provide structure to the club.

Oh well, those are just a few suggestions. Hope they help.

I'm sure there are others out there with experience with such things. Joao would be grateful for your suggestions and insights. Please help him out so we can all see this club to fruition.

Cheerio,

Chi.

EthanCote.com
02-05-2004, 01:26 PM
The list of names you have is a great start. Keep on keeping track of those interest in joining.

I'll go through my email and I'll send you the list of people that have shown interest in the past in joining.

Keep it up.

Cheerio,

Chi.

EthanCote.com
02-05-2004, 08:16 PM
Just sent you an email of the list of people interested in attending the club.

Let me know if I can be of service.

Cheerio,

Chi.

wayne29
02-09-2004, 11:46 PM
Ok - when and where?

EthanCote.com
02-11-2004, 12:08 PM
So how goes the planning of the club?

Keep us updated.

Cheerio,

Chi.

Joao
02-17-2004, 10:25 PM
Jason,

I'll never ask you to come down just to listen or comment discus matters, that's why we have Simply...
I agree with you. And with Jimmyl.
What Jimmyl said has nothing w/ you, but was just to remind what happen in the past to prevent in the future.
Ofcourse, you cannot come here withoult any profit to you, it's your job, and the money you make from it ,it's for to support a good quality of the products you offer, and keep your job going.
The club should acept to sell fish or have special days for that, what about the sponsers, we have to count with them, and make their adv. otherwise nobody will survive, nor even the club.

About the club, I think it's not possible, I've seen not many responses to my post, so if anyone want's to continue please, go ahed, I don't like to see conflits for no reason...

I just want to , really thank to those good pleople from simply, as well all the people that had answered to my post, and I'm sorry to give up. Not enougfh pleople to go ahed .