PDA

View Full Version : FEBRUARY 2004 MEMBER SPOTLIGHT - TAD & JUDI

DarkDiscus
02-11-2004, 10:37 AM
Hi Tad and Judi, it is time to get our Valentines Special Spotlight underway! I have been procrastinating, so it seems it will be after Valentines day by the time we post it, but we'll do the best we can, right?

What I would like to do is to have both of you answer the questions without letting the other one know - so we can test you guys a little bit and make it more fun for our readers. Just get me your responses when you can and I'll get them ready to go!

Thank you both in advance!

Q - So, how did it all begin? How did you meet, were you both already into fish and when/how did you get into discus?

Tad - How did it all begin LOL that is a great question. Well We met in the year 1997 in a Yahoo chat room called 'culture and society', I was cruising the different rooms watching some of the dialogue and noticed a person named Oodi who was having a conversation about the loss of a husband and the impact that it had on her life. Since I have also had the loss of a spouse I could really relate to what she was saying and thus sent her an IM of condolences. She responded and we did share how such a tragic event had influenced our lives and the lives of our children. A friendship was born out of tragedy. Over the next 4 months we would privately chat to some extent a few times a week and got to know each other quite well. In the Spring of 1998 we decided to meet in her hometown of Fresno California. Our first date was to a play fundraiser put on by one of her organizations that supported the Police Dept of Fresno. Imagine being surrounded by 100 Cops LOL. Judi and I hit it off extremely well and decided to continue seeing each other and decided to marry. I think I probably proposed 3 or more times, even asking her father for his blessings but formally asked on a romantic get away to Monterey California at Lovers Point on the beach in a full moon. We married later that year in September In Las Vegas at the famous 'Tunnel of Love' drive-up wedding window in our tee shirts and shorts!

Judi has always been the pet fan in our family as she always had dogs, and birds but no fish. In fact the only fish that we both shared prior to getting into the hobby is served with Wasabi! Discus entered our menagerie in the 2002. I received a gift from Judi of an Eclipse 6 for Christmas and what I recall it never housed a single fish. When I was a kid I did have many aquariums, in fact I think I had as many as 6-7 tanks going at one time raising different cichlids and tetras and even tried a salt-water tank. I kept aquariums, all through high school but ended my hobby when I started the University. It was from this childhood love of aquatics that I said to Judi, I am not going to be the Eclipse 6 Guy and needed a real aquarium. One week later we were the proud owners of a new 60-gallon with hood and stand. When it came to choosing the inhabitants we did discuss this for quite a long time and decided to find the hardest freshwater fish to raise. Thus our introduction into the wonderful world of discus.

Judi - We met in Yahoo Chat in November of 1997. An online friend of mine sort of threw us together. So to Deb, wherever you are- THANK YOU!!! Our first in person meeting was March 15, 1998, and we married September 17, 1998. Between us, we have 5 kids ranging in age from 16 to 22.

I had kept fish as a kid, but it had been more than 30 years (BOY, have things changed!!!). As for the fish, that began in early December of 2001. My son has had saltwater tanks for a few years, and was working in a local pet store in Fresno. I was in Fresno one day, and happened to stop by the shop. My son talked me into getting a tank for Tad for Christmas. I agreed on a 5-gallon tank, even though he was trying to talk me into a larger one. Eight days after Christmas, Tad and I were in Fresno, and again stopped by the shop my son worked at for a quick visit before we made the trip home. Three and a half hours later, we walked out with a 60-gallon tank and stand. We then visited every pet store within a 50-mile radius, to look at setups, etc., and did a lot of research on the Internet before we decided on Discus. Why Discus? Because all the info we had at that time (before we found the forums) said they were difficult to raise.

Q - Please tell us more about your 'real' lives. What do you do? Where are you from? All the good stuff!

Tad - I am originally from the Central Coast of California, grown up in a small rural area between the coastal cities of Santa Cruz and Monterey. Moved to the Central Valley in 1970 to attend the University, graduated and planned on attending Law and business School in San Diego. I had big plans to become a corporate attorney working for a big 8 firm in Copenhagen, however, I was presented with an opportunity to become a firefighter with the City of Turlock FD which I accepted on a 1 year contingency. I have been a career firefighter going on my 26th year attaining the rank of Battalion Chief. I did make the right career choice even though Copenhagen is still on my mind!

Judi - I was born and raised in Fresno, CA. I had lived there all my life until our new home was completed towards the end of 1999, when 3 of my 4 kids and I moved to Turlock. Yes, we had a long distance marriage for the first year. I worked as an underwriter for an insurance company from 1979 until 1996, and was actively involved with the Fresno Police Department until moving here, serving as Chairperson for the Northeast Fresno Neighborhood Watch Association; Board of Directors of Fresno Police and Neighborhood Watch Association; and Board of Directors of Citizen’s Police Academy Alumni Association.

Q - Please describe your present set up. How many tanks, how many fish?

Tad - Currently we have aquariums spread though out our residence We have a total of 11 currently set up with 9 dedicated to discus only. They range in sizes from 10 gallons, which house Judi’s damn frogs to a 135-gallon, which houses predominately fish from Cary. Plans are for the purchase of another large tank in the 135-gallon range to house wild discus only. I think our discus inventory numbers somewhere around 52 of which 42 are adults and 10 near adults. In all essence our aquariums are part of our eclectic way of furnishing our home.

Judi - Set up??? We don’t have a set up... We just move furniture around to make room for tanks! We currently have 11 tanks throughout the house, and about 68 Discus.

Q - 'About' 68 discus, I see.. Seriously, who does the most work on the fish?

Tad - I do hands down!

Judi - Most work? Or dirty work? I have to suck the hose to get the siphon going and do anything/everything with the CBW’s. Tad doesn’t like worms!!

Q - I imagine tag team tank cleaning could be fun and make things go a lot faster. I keep trying to train my wife to do water changes while I sleep, but it doesn't seem to work... How do you two stay motivated?

Tad - A husband wife combination of raising discus definitely has its pluses and minuses. I can tell you truthfully we do have some good arguments, as I’m a very demanding person when it comes to our discus. I think the kids wonder how can they continue with this hobby when they are always yelling at each other! I think Judi and I just communicate in a different manner since we got discus. Judi does most of the feeding of the fish and I do all of the water production and mixing. We share cleanings and 1ater changes as its so soothing! To answer your original question I would have to say that things definitely go faster with a willing partner and I do have to thank Judi for being such a partner. I do believe motivation is seeing other hobbyist discus and hoping to have fish as good or better. Judi also has Crohns disease and Fibromyalgia, which limits her physical activity, and this is one special way we can share time together with a common interest. Plus she’s a lousy golfer LOL and that is my other passion!

Judi - I have always had animals (I had 2 dogs, 2 Parakeets and 4 rats when Tad and I met), so caring for animals has always been a part of my life. The fish are just different animals than I’ve had in a while.

Q - So.. What are you two doing special for Valentines Day? Something
romantic? Buy some red/whites? Your public wants to know!

Tad - We did have plans to visit a cousin of mine in the Bay Area along with my sister and visit a discus shop of our good friend Phil, but those plans changed due to other family obligations. If I had my way we would spend Valentines Day at our favorite getaway at the Seven Gables Inn in Pacific Grove, or an over nighter in San Francisco, but reservations are surely gone. I guess we will spend time together here at home and I will cook a good meal for Judi. Hopefully I do not get some of those heart decorated BVDs for Valentines day again!

Judi - Romantic?? What’s that?? I might have a vague memory of romance... I think Valentine’s Day falls on tank cleaning day! That is probably what we will be doing.

Q - Tell us, what are your favorite fish right now? And are you working on breeding them?

Tad - My favorites discus are my wilds. I have put together a small collection of wilds from Oliver and from Alberto and plan on adding more over the years. There is something about the wilds that entrances me. Possibly the way they swim or the manner they show their wild instinct. Of our domestics I have a pair currently together of some blue snakeskins from Cary that I am really excited about. As for my wilds I have a beautiful red male Curipera that I have with an Alencer X Golden that have spawned numerous times but with no success. I am really hoping for fry from this pair. Hopefully in the future I will also have some Wild RSGs doing their thing.

Judi - We have some Discus of different strains that have some particular sentimental value to me for various reasons. I’d have to say those are my favorites. As for breeding, if it happens, it happens. We really don’t have the type of setup that is conducive to breeding on a regular basis.

Q - Is there a Tad and Judi hatchery in the works or are you two dedicated hobbyists and have no aspirations to do some major breeding?

Tad - No hatchery is in the plans even though a fish room sounds like the logical progression due to ease of maintenance and the ability to maximize our hobby. If and when I do breed I plan on giving away fry to friends that I have met on the internet and in person.

Judi - Hmmmm. Well, we have become very good friends with the folks that built our pool. They have come up with a design to build a fish room in our back yard. Maybe when we win the lottery!

Q - Lets see how well you know each other. What is your spouses and your own favorite:

A - Food.

Tad - Judi loves Chinese and Mexican food. I love any food LOL but specifically Italian (remember I am Franks twin brother, and I do definitely love Japanese food)

Judi - Tad loves spaghetti! (He is Italian, ya know) As for me, it is a tossup between crab, shrimp, lobster or anchovy pizza.

B - Strain of Discus.

Tad - Judi loves the wilds. I also love the wilds.

Judi - Tad prefers either the Curipera or the RSGs. I am not picky! I like them all!!

C - Drink.

Tad - Judi has been drinking her frozen coffee drinks for a year or more. I think she calls them Javalanches, and she does love colas. I like beer and tequila LOL! Especially Padron! As for a soft drink give me Squirt!

Judi - Tad loves fine wines and Tequila (or To-kill-ya, as Frank would say!) Me: Javalanche.

D - Vacation spot.

Tad - Judi loves the ocean and I have to concur. Yosemite Is one of our loves too. So specifically we love the outdoors.

Judi - Tad really likes Carmel/Monterey/Pacific Grove (for those that dont know, they are all right there together) and Yosemite National Park. We are fortunate enough to live a little more than an hour away from either of these places. Me: Ditto!

Q - Tell us about your best and worst experiences with keeping discus.

Tad - Best was our first pair, which were a Blue Diamond and Cobalt. You can never forget your first LOL. Worst, was culling a 3.5 inch, which I flushed down the toilet and it plugged up LOL.. It took me an hour to unplug! I guess we have been lucky 'knock on wood' as we have never had any type of disease issue except some bacterial outbreak and gill flukes. It definitely pays to watch your discus and keep them in the cleanest environment as possible.

Judi - I would have to say the best experience was raising our first batch of fry. It is awesome and amazing to watch parents care for their young. The worst is trying to dry out carpet/floors after water leaks. We tend to forget that our storage barrels are filling.

Q - Is there anything out there you want to say to the beginning hobbyist that you think would be helpful?

Tad - Definitely! I think that any beginning hobbyist needs to spend countless hours reading the forums like Simply. There is a wealth of information that has been posted and a wealth of experience at your fingertips. I also think a new hobbyist should ask questions and not be afraid to do so as there is no silly question. People on Simply are serious about their passion and their hobby and so many will provide help at a minutes notice. I think that the most important thing to consider for new hobbyist besides learning as much as possible is to purchase from a reputable source, buy quality, keep tanks bare bottomed, feed good and healthy foods, and as my Pal Frank told me long ago 'Clean, Clean, Clean!' The key to success is knowledge, so take the time to learn and learn it right.

Judi - Read, read, read and clean, clean, clean.

Q - And any comments for the hobbyists and Simply readers? Now is your time to get up on the soapbox!

Tad - I do believe that all members of Simply should do all they can to create a network of friends on the forum. Reach out and develop friendships and share a common hobby. I think its imperative that we all show ownership in some manner into the forum either as posters/contributors and even financial help if we can afford it. This site is definitely the best around that provides the most information about our beloved hobby. I also believe that we all share a common goal and that is to be the best stewards of our hobby.

Judi - Well! There is an adage that has had significant importance to me for a great number of years. I shared it with a friend not so long ago, so now I will share it with everyone else. I think it applies in many facets of life:

Where there is honesty, there is understanding.
Where there is fairness, there is peace.
Where there is sharing, there is friendship.
Where there is love, there is fulfillment.

Q - And finally, do you have any future plans, fish related or real world you would like to share with us?

Tad - We hope to attend the ACA meeting in July at Denver. Judi and I are looking forward to meeting so many of the people that we have met online. I think this is the icing on the cake for us to put a voice and a face with so many of our friends. Hopefully when the kids grow up and move out LOL, We will have a dedicated fish room.

As for future plans for the real world, I plan on retiring at the end of 2005 and play with discus and golf everyday!

Judi - There are some folks we have met online that I would like to meet in person someday. There are also many places in these great United States that I would like to see. I would also like to visit the place my father was born and raised, which is Hanna, Alberta, Canada. Hey! Does that make me a Canuck by default??

Happy Valentines Day, everyone!! Give your fish a kiss, but NOT before you kiss your significant others!

Q - Thank you both for your time and brain cells! Have a great Valentines Day!

M0oN
02-11-2004, 10:47 AM
Haha, very entertaining spotlight, thanks for putt'n a smile on my face for the day guys and keep it up DarkDiscus, I always enjoy these things.

Jason

April
02-11-2004, 11:57 AM
great interview by two great simply members!! thanks guys.
it was fun reading it.
and yes.. Judi..get up here to canada! its worth your while. but make sure you drive through vancouver first..
sure..you couldve had duo citizenship.. you can now say your really a canadian in disguise.. ;D

ping
02-11-2004, 11:59 AM
Thanks for another great interview :) :thumbsup:
Tad and Judi, Have a great Valentine day :)

PS: pictures please ... ;D

Regards,
Ronny :)

paulmat
02-11-2004, 12:24 PM
Great interview John.
I know Tad & Judi and have been to thier house, and met them in Monterey for dinner with my fiance', and will tell you that these two were meant for each other, and that they are wonderful people that Im proud to have has friends !!!!!!!

Paul

02-11-2004, 12:28 PM
Great interview as always. A fairy tale. I envy you both. If I had a chance to meet a girl from the chat room. I know it would be a 90 years old great granny. Lucky devil!!!
Jimmy

Jeff
02-11-2004, 12:35 PM
Nice job guys. I enjoyed that. Thank you!! ;)

henryD
02-11-2004, 12:54 PM
So it would seem that TAd is the long winded one.....who would hav thought....LOL...

Thanks guys. That was great. As far as I can tell no drawback on having your significant others crazy about fish.

So maybe I should get my wife hynotised.

Henry

gillyweed
02-11-2004, 01:10 PM
Nice read up, Tad & Judi!!!

One of the few great people that's instrumental to walk me through my fishy problem was Tad. He walked me through the early days of Discus deases & care. I'm still learning, but the curve has not been that steep as it once was.

Thanks Tad. You & Judi are heros in my book.

gw

EthanCote.com
02-11-2004, 01:59 PM
This is a great interview, it puts a smile on my face. Its a great wife/husband tag team interview. It is without a doubt that you two are happily married just from reading your responses. They were quite insightful and light hearted.

You guys made me laff. So thanks!

All the best to you two.

Cheerio,

Chi.

fcdiscus
02-11-2004, 03:01 PM
Very Nice! But Henry! You stole my windbag line! LOL, Frank ;D ;D ;D

paulmat
02-11-2004, 03:04 PM
BTW, Where are some pics of your fish T & J ???
We would all love to see them :o

Paul

Don_Lee
02-11-2004, 03:10 PM
Great interview, and a great idea for a Valentines Day special!

Carol_Roberts
02-11-2004, 05:40 PM
Great interview! Not only a husband and wife team, but a son that works for a fish store in the family too ;D

discus_nw
02-11-2004, 06:05 PM
:thumbsup: ;)

02-11-2004, 06:35 PM
Great interview John, Tad and Judi.

Was fun to read and learn a bit more about you guy's. :)

Ronald

ps. Morning Tad ;D

Ardan
02-11-2004, 08:45 PM
Great interview!
You are a great team! Sounds like a lot of fun along with the work! ;D

DiscusDawg
02-11-2004, 11:11 PM
:thumbsup:

Pictures please!!! ;D

Tad
02-11-2004, 11:22 PM
I'm a lousy photographer but here it goes ???

These Red Spotted Greens are the newest to our collection and they are from Alberto @ Aquatechnics.

Click on this link for video!
http://mywebpage.netscape.com/Oodi1/2110061.wmv

Tad
02-11-2004, 11:25 PM
Next is our Curipera (4) with RSGs (2)...the Curipera are from Oliver @ Below Water and the RSG's again from Alberto

Click here for Video ;)
http://mywebpage.netscape.com/Oodi1/2110062.wmv

Tad
02-11-2004, 11:29 PM
This pic is of a new pair that consist of a Curipera Male and an Alenquer X Golden female (from my good friend Phil aka "redspotted"). This pair has spawned numerous times but as of yet not successful. Soon I hope >:(

Click here for Video ::)
http://mywebpage.netscape.com/Oodi1/2110067.wmv

Tad
02-11-2004, 11:31 PM
This was our first pair which consist of a Female Blue Diamond and a Male Cobalt.

Click here for video of their Kids ;D
http://mywebpage.netscape.com/Oodi1/2110068.wmv

Tad
02-11-2004, 11:34 PM
This pic is of a group of 3 that Im trying to get a viable pair from. Two are Rose Reds and 1 is another Alenquer X Golden.

Click here for video :o
http://mywebpage.netscape.com/Oodi1/2110069.wmv

Tad
02-11-2004, 11:37 PM
The following group of pictures are some pairs that Im trying to force. They are all Blue Snakeskins X White Butterflys from Grand Master Cary of Great Lakes Discus :o

first pic

Tad
02-11-2004, 11:38 PM
2nd pick of the group

Tad
02-11-2004, 11:38 PM
Last shot of the group ;D

Tad
02-11-2004, 11:41 PM
This last pic is of our 135 that adorns our formal dining room LOL...currently It houses 25 assorted discus but predominately from Cary of GLD ;)

Click here for Video ;D ;D
http://mywebpage.netscape.com/Oodi1/2110059.wmv

Tad
02-11-2004, 11:42 PM
Ok last pic :P

crimson cross
02-11-2004, 11:48 PM
Great interview, Tad and Judi...If I am correct, are those the golden heads in your last pic??..lol... have they grown...All the best,
Phil.

Tad
02-11-2004, 11:52 PM
Phil,
You are correct. The Golden Heads have grown some since I got them from you. Im still hoping to get a pair out of them. They do shimmy on occasion ;)

Good to see you and need to visit you soon!

With the highest regards,
Tad

crimson cross
02-12-2004, 12:00 AM
Tad,
Try force pairing them with the white butterflys. That could be a good out cross. hth.good luck and all the best.
Phil.

korbi_doc
02-12-2004, 08:17 AM
:bounce2: :bounce2: What a great story you two!! A true fairy tale, very nice! & the fish look terrific, hope they get to breed for you soon. You are both an inspiration!! Look forward to meeting you both in Denver, Dottie ;D ;D

mench
02-12-2004, 09:11 AM
Another outstanding interview...Tad I have a question,since you are in the Carmel,Monterey area..When my bride and I were out on Vac. in Calif.we stopped at a super restaurant near Monterey...it was overlooking the ocean on a cliff and I seem to remember a cypress tree sitting on the edge of the cliff...We have been trying to remember the name of the place for some time now,but being semi-old we cant...Do you know of the place?? It is supposed to be semi-famous

Thanks,
Mench

oodi
02-12-2004, 12:19 PM
Mench,

Did the area look like this? If so, the restaurant was the Old Bath House, overlooking Lover's Point.

Judi
:)

P.S.: The restaurant would be just to the left, outside of the pic.

susankay1
02-12-2004, 12:27 PM
What a great interview!!!! Bill and I look forward to meeting another "discus team" at ACA. Working together definately makes it more fun!!!! Here's wishing you two the fun and love we have shared over the last 26 years.

mench
02-12-2004, 12:59 PM
Judi,looks close but the one I remember was a lot higher up,At least I think it was...Bath House doesn't ring any bells...Now that I think of it it may be farther down the coast from Monterey.It was at nite and we were coming from Hearest (sp) castle,But I remember after dinner we stopped for the nite at a small town just south of Carmel..Hope this helps,if not no big deal,we were just remembering the great time we had...
Oh and a word of advice for northeast folks going to Calif in May...don't do what I did...as we were packing the bride says,should I pack warm clothes?? And me being the world guy I is,said,,nope we are going to sunny Calif,how cold can it be!!!!
Well we went to Yosemite and I knew I was toast when some of the signs said " Road closed because of SNOW" Hee Hee It was 30 deg and snowing like He## and we were in shorts and short shirts....Well of course we had to look for a store and buy warm clothes..Well I don't know what was colder...the weather or the bride!!!But it was a fun trip...

Thanks,
Mench

oodi
02-12-2004, 01:10 PM
Hi Mench,

Hearst's Castle is about 100 miles south of Carmel. Was the town you stayed in Big Sur?

Judi

henryD
02-12-2004, 01:14 PM
Ron,

Where were you when my buddies and I were planning our trip to Yosemite last year?

We packed for sunny california weather. We back country pack for the entire trip. Of course I only packed shorts and Tshirt. I ended up wear all 14 pairs of them to keep warm. Finally broke down and bought long pants and a coat at the end.

Tad and Judi,

Awesome pictures and love the touch with the video. Sorry for stealing your post a little.

Henry

Tad
02-12-2004, 01:36 PM
Phil,
that is a great recommendation on the White butterfly and golden head. I will give it a serious try!

Dottie,
Yes its been a "Fairy Tale Dream" Someone please pinch me to wake me up LOL ;D You are definately one of the people that we are looking forward to meet at ACA. Im going to have to workout for the next 5 months just to keep up with you ::)

Susan,
Great to see other couples sharing this fintastic hobby. Would be our pleasure to meet you at ACA also.

Mench,
LOL, People do not understand that California Coast weather is the best during the months of Oct through Dec. The other months are relatively cool due to the fog...remember "Play Misty for Me" ;D...The best advice is to always carry warm clothing while visiting this area and do not go whale watching in the summer unless your bundled up 8)
I do believe the restuarant that you mention is located at Carmel Highlands by the Sea.

Henry,
Glad you liked the videos its best seen in Windows media player IMO! OBTW "Windy enough for you" LOL :P

thanks All for the great comments,
Tad

brewmaster15
02-12-2004, 02:38 PM
That was a great interview and I have to say that these two spotlighters are perfect for this month's interview. Thank you both for sharing your story here, and as always... Thanks John for the interview, ideas, and work.

Tad and Judi.. I can't believe how clean you keep those tanks... I see a pic of fish floating in what can only be air! :) Nice ...very nice.

I really hope I have the chance to meet you two at the ACA or elsewhere. I would really enjoy talking with you in person. I have learned a few things from you both, You are both a great asset to this hobby, and this site!!

Thanks and take care,
al

beta
02-13-2004, 01:00 AM
Lovely interview :) Very apt for Valentines day :)

Steve_Warner
02-13-2004, 06:05 AM
Hi all,
Tad 'n Judi, nice interview! I can't believe I wasn't invited to the wedding here in Vegas ;D I hope to be at the ACA in July and meet y'all, as well as many more discus freaks ;)

Mench- Ya mean the flame shirts didn't radiate the heat and keep y'all warm that time ;D I'm sure you'll never live that one down from Mary!

Steve

bikhu
02-13-2004, 01:52 PM
Hi Tad and Judi,
I really enjoyed the interview but I am concerned about one thing... How are all of those beautiful fish going to survive without water in those tanks? Good job teaching them to fly! :o ;D
Nice job guys!
Happy Valentines day!
peter

goldengatediscus
02-13-2004, 09:27 PM
Great finding out a little more about the both of you. Let me know when you next come to the Bay Area, I would love to meet you guys! Beautiful discus BTW! :)
Brigitte

aquatechnics
02-16-2004, 10:44 AM
Great and lovely interview!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Tad and Judi
What a team!!!.... :smash: :smash:

Alberto

oodi
02-16-2004, 01:43 PM
Everyone,

Thank you for the nice comments!!! Hopefully, we'll get to meet some of you at the ACA!!! :D

Judi

Symphy
02-21-2004, 10:07 AM
Tad and Judi,

What a delightful interview! I enjoyed reading about your life together as a couple and as a discus team, fascinating!! I also enjoyed admiring your beautiful wilds! ;D

Darkdiscus, you were right, Tad and Judi made the perfect spotlight for Valentines. Great job!

Symphy

CARY_GLdiscus
02-22-2004, 12:56 AM
Wow,
Judi and tad that was one great write up! SORRY Am so late! after reading it! It really made Me think! IMO it sounds like a good movie to me LOL!

Anyways Judi what kind of frogs do You have? My son jack has 2 toads 1 bullfrog and two tree frogs that we stashed in our bagage from FL LOL! We also have 2 pacman frogs 1 albino and one green.

Well I for one really enjoyed it and thank you both! I would also like to thank You guys for all your help and being the friends that one needs
THANKS AGAIN!
Cary + family
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxo :-*

P.S here is a pic of jack giveing his toads a bath LOL Boy was mom mad >:( she only allowed us to keep 2 hee.hee.hee

oodi
02-22-2004, 03:12 AM
LOL... They already did the movie... "You Got Mail." ;D

Boy, Cary... does that pic bring back some memories!!! As kids, the boy next door and I brought home sooooooooo many frogs and toads, that our moms ended up building us a frog pond in the yard!!!

The frogs I have currently are African Dwarf Frogs. They're cute little buggers, and they love the CBW's!!! But I really think that Jack needs one of these...

Judi

Tad
02-22-2004, 01:47 PM
Symphy,
Thank you for your kind comments, Im really enjoying the wilds and would like to get about 4 more to fill out a "Wilds only" tank that we are planning. Just got to figure out what type we want to add ::) Will have to give Alberto, Oliver and David a call soon ;D

Cary,
I suspect you were exactly like Jack when you were growing up...his smile in the picture is definately worth a 1000 words :), Looks like Jack used one of his frogs to plug the drain to keep the water in LOL!
Thanks for being a great friend and mentor, and wishing you and family well!

With the highest regards to both of you!,
Tad

02-25-2004, 12:32 PM
Wow. What a very nice interview. :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing. I love stories like this. Tad and Judi, your life will be forever together when you give care and love to nature's best.

May God continue to shine (on) and bless you and your family. :sun:

--Angie--

Denny
02-25-2004, 11:02 PM
Boy,

you two lovebirds just got me all misty eyed ha ha ha ha ;D

Great writeup but you left out the part about the chicken. Maybe next time

fcdiscus
02-26-2004, 07:14 PM
Judi makes delicious chicken! Tad just has no taste. He likes it dried out!!! Frank ;D

oodi
02-26-2004, 09:12 PM
Angie... It certainly takes a lot of care and love to live with Tad day in and day out! ;)

Thank you, Frank!!! :thumbsup:

Denny... hence the reason that part of the bio was not included! ;D

Judi

Tad
02-27-2004, 03:07 PM
Judi,
Your chicken is good as long as we up the temp and douse it in metro ;D...

Yeah thanks for the hint! Frank Praziano :P

Tad :-\

April
02-27-2004, 11:05 PM
great pic Cary of Jack.
great continuing drama tad and Judi lol. or is it I Love Lucy show? lol.
my favourite show by the way..
great interview and great reading .
ok..march is here almost..whos next?? everyone start scheming.

CliffsDiscus
03-02-2004, 07:27 PM
Tad and Judi,
Wow, what a great interview. I love some of the same places especially Pacific Grove, Lighthouse Ave.
Let me know when you both are coming to San Francisco
there are other pet stores that have Discus arriving weekly, such as Ocean Aquarium has some peach color
Discus that came in last week.

Thanks,
Cliff's Discus

Tad
03-04-2004, 11:50 AM
CliffsDiscus,
I have to agree the Pacific Grove area is one fantastic place, Definately one of our favorite places ;)

If we ever visit San Francisco we will try to visit Yourself and also Bridgette...Lots of discus addicts in the Bay Area....Might be time for some of us, to start thinking of a Northern California discus hobbyist meeting somewhere soon ;D

regards,
Tad

Jeffery_Doty
03-05-2004, 01:21 PM
Hello Everyone,

I am late in posting, but I did want to say that this was a wonderful interview! Tad and Judi are two exceptional discus keepers, but even more so, exceptional people. Passionate, spirited, thoughtful, kind, loving, and a lots of fun, are a few of the thoughts that come to mind when I think of them!

Jeff
Oregon

Jean
03-05-2004, 09:46 PM
:) Nice write up!

Jean ;D 8)

Goldfish_in_a_bowl
03-07-2004, 03:21 PM
Okay...... I decided to read this thread while I had my morning Coffee VS Chase the rejected Weener dog around the neighborhood! >:( *&^%^%DOG! any who... where was I?
OH! Great interview!! I don't know what made me more emotional the "LOVE STORY" part or the pictures of the Wilds :waaa:!
I always wondered if it would be possible to be Married... well that is another story! HAAAAAAAAAA ha haa no really to be married and both of you keep DISCUS! I would think there would be some serious "BLOOD SHED!" The only part I think I would be able to agree with someone on would be... "Ya you bet HONEY you do the water changes today while I lay here in my Sponge bob jammies and drink coffee!" course I am sure he wouldn't do it right so.... back to the Blood shed! LMAO! My best friends where I live are into Racing snowmobiles, Hunting (everything in sight) and restoring Cars so I get along with them great.. then I start my fish stuff and they just stand there looking at me like I am insane! okay.... maybe its not the "FISH" part that they look at me like that! HAAAaaaaa ha haaa but it would be nice to share the good parts of the hobby with someone.. Besides "hey what is that Sucker fish doing!?" ::) ::) ::) argh argh argh
Okay where was I? LMAO
GREAT INTERVIEW John! as always ;D :-*
and THANKS TONS for sharing Tad and Oodi You are really GREAT people!
Take care
Karen/ed :gorgeous:

is that the short posts you were talking about Glenn!?? LMAO!

Tad
03-07-2004, 04:34 PM
Jeff,
Thanks for the nice compliment, but the same can be said of you "Passionate, spirited, thoughtful, kind, loving, and a lots of fun," How are the wilds doing? ;)

Karen/Ed ;D,
I can't imagine a person "wired" on caffeine riding a snowmobile :o...good to see the emoticons being used ;D and good to see you back on the forum ;).....and your correct there is "Bloodshed" on occassion LOL!

With the highest regards,
Tad

Denny
09-05-2004, 04:24 PM
Any new pictures of Arnold from "Happy Days"?

Tad
09-05-2004, 05:36 PM
NO Geppetto no new pics!

Tad >:(

Denny
09-05-2004, 09:52 PM
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

oodi
09-05-2004, 10:03 PM
Hey Denny,

I'll see if I can come up with some pics for ya! ;)

Judi
;D

Denny
09-06-2004, 10:09 AM
:thumbsup: