PDA

View Full Version : Me again, not so good start

nimbusv
03-08-2004, 03:05 PM
i had told you i bought 3 small discus last week, for a reason i don't know the three of them died within the next few days, water parameters were good and steady, by good i mean, ammonia = 0, nitrite = 0, nitrate <15 ppm, the tank was previously cycled for 6 weeks, filtration is an Eheim 2217 with spraybar, and i added an brand new AC300, they were eating frozen bloodworms and frozen brine shrimp, my tap water comes with a Ph of 7.2 and a GH of 10, i set temp at 86 after some advice here.

I took the fish to the LFS to claim for warranty, and after a while i brought 5 a little larger than silver dollar size and they are doing well since friday, they eat pelletsnow, i bought these azoo 9in1 discus pellets,

http://www.azoo.com.tw/azoo_en/modules/Product_Review/images/pic/c/az80031.gif

since they are the ones they were being fed at the LFS and they started eating them on saturday morning, i have not fed them frozen bloodworms since i don't know if that might have had something to do with their death.

I hope this is not too confusing, and i would like to listen some opinions cause i'm blank here

ronrca
03-08-2004, 03:39 PM
Do you age your tap water before wc's? Any other fish in the tank? Did you use fish to cycle? ;)

nimbusv
03-08-2004, 04:37 PM
I age my water 24 hours before WC, they are alone in the tank, and yes i used some platies to cycle the tank and added the discus a week after nitrate appeared.

Carol_Roberts
03-08-2004, 05:24 PM
No problems yet, so hopefully all from the new batch stay healthy. we're here if you need help

GulfCoastDiscus
03-09-2004, 03:11 AM
Just wondering how often do you change your water. I do 50% daily.

Dan

nimbusv
03-09-2004, 12:05 PM
Just wondering how often do you change your water. I do 50% daily.

between 50% and 60% daily

Shive
03-10-2004, 07:39 PM
Hey nimbusv, I was wondering why you thought the BW was the problem?... I feed it my juvi's but I dice it up real fine! But I also feed BH,BBS, Discus Delight, I mix it up to keep them guessing. But they are eating very well and growing like crazy! Less than a week and I can already tell the difference. So here is wishing you the best of luck with the new additions! ;D

Shive