PDA

View Full Version : Oddly thing...

Abercrombie6202
03-11-2004, 05:49 PM
Hello...well since my computer's broken i won't be able to chekc this again for like another week, but i do have a question. I have noticed my one discus is becoming very "more" aggresive, and i've been observing it and noticed this little reddish, pinkish, tannish colored thing kind of popping out of it's "belly area" like right infront of where the anal fin begins, andhe/she has been pecking lately at my clear plastic tube that is connected to the sponge filter. But none of the other discus display this attitude or signs.

M0oN
03-11-2004, 06:05 PM
Sounds like a female getting ready to lay some eggs...

Dkarc@Aol.com
03-11-2004, 06:13 PM
Deffinitly sounds like a female is wanting to lay some eggs. Have you noticed the female hanging out with another discus??

-Ryan

jn4u
03-12-2004, 08:14 PM
I agree, Tell use more when you know... ;)

Willie
03-13-2004, 01:03 PM
Adam;

Females mature about 3 months earlier than males. Its not uncommon for a female to start spawning. Until the males mature, the other fish will usually watch and eat the spawn. Be patient. You're obviously on the right track.

Willie

Abercrombie6202
03-14-2004, 12:48 PM
well, the pair spawned last night... and both discus were doing that vertical thing upon the thign that the eggs were layed, so most likely they are fertilized.

Dkarc@Aol.com
03-14-2004, 06:30 PM
Most of the time, it can take the male several times to get it right before they are fertilized. I have one pair that have been spawning for over a year and the male got it right just recently.

-Ryan