PDA

View Full Version : Help?

jimmybui
03-12-2004, 07:31 PM
Backgrounding?Should i keep a background image?

Fish?Should i have other fish in the tank with my discus?

Water Changes? I do 50% a day,and the wateris still dirty,whats wrong?

Feeding? I feed my discus BH,Frozen BW, they dont seem to eat the bh,what should i do?

One of my discus seems to hide in the corner? what should i use to cure it?

Thank you

Carol_Roberts
03-12-2004, 07:40 PM
Backgrounding?Should i keep a background image?I don't

Fish?Should i have other fish in the tank with my discus?I only keep discus with discus

Water Changes? I do 50% a day,and the wateris still dirty,whats wrong?feeding messy foods or food sucked into filter and spewed back into tank

Feeding? I feed my discus BH,Frozen BW, they dont seem to eat the bh,what should i do? be careful of the quality of your frozen foods - have they been thawed and refrozen? I would add a good sinking bit like tetra bits or a good flake like ONF1

One of my discus seems to hide in the corner? what should i use to cure it?Why is it hiding in the corner? Harassed by other fish? Intestinal flagellates?

jn4u
03-12-2004, 08:06 PM
I keep all my discus with backgrounds, the are nothing more special then other fish, I have my discus with tetras and angels no problem at all. Keep in mind that the discus need lot of water change and a good biological pump. But you dont have to change water every day, my self have 20 wild at home and I change my water 2 times every week. Keep Things as simple as possible.

steve s
03-13-2004, 11:06 AM
Sounds like over feeding. Beefheart mix will dirty water if not cleaned out after each feeding. Use a prefilter and clean when you do your water changes.
Most people say you need at least 6 discus in order to
keep the bullies from picking on just one fish all the time.

Carol_Roberts
03-13-2004, 11:20 AM
Good advice, Steve :thumbsup:

Willie
03-13-2004, 12:46 PM
I do not recommend keeping angels with discus. I've had personal experience and seen a tankful of discus wiped out within 48 hours.

Lots of people post that they have had no problems. I certainly don't doubt their sincerity. But when disease happens, and it will....

Willie :o