PDA

View Full Version : New arrivals

mattrox
03-15-2004, 04:02 AM
I just picked up my first discus from the airport. They arrived safely and they are now settling in to their new home.

I'll attach a few pics.

mattrox
03-15-2004, 04:04 AM
I can't believe I had the patience to take a photo of this without opening the package first!!

mattrox
03-15-2004, 04:05 AM
They are hiding from me!!

mattrox
03-15-2004, 04:07 AM
Making themselves at home.

mattrox
03-15-2004, 04:13 AM
And a big thank you very much to Rod!! ;D :bounce2: :bounce: :hat:

GulfCoastDiscus
03-15-2004, 08:37 AM
They Look great Mattrox. What type did you get?

Hey... I been to Darwin in 1991. Flew helicopter all over NT. Saw lots of saltys. Beautiful place. Hope to return one day. :)

Dan

ari_wh
03-15-2004, 06:27 PM
Hey... Matt,

Did you get discus from my friend, Rod in Brisbane? Good to see that they arrived safely. He is a master fish-sender....lol. Mine arrived no worries at all.... with the transit in Cairns and all. What did you get? From the pics, red turks? Hhmm... I wish I could.... If only I have more tanks...lol. Oh well, next time I go to Brissie, I will try to get some....

Hey, what are you doing Saturday night? We might give you a call..... This weekend is our Darwin weekend.... Yooohooo!!! Can't wait!!! I hope you won't get the 'low' that is hovering about Darwin... otherwise we might get in trouble... I really hate this cyclone season!!

Any place that you recommend to visit? Not that we have any time... Between baby shopping and Scott's shopping, and of course my market shopping... I think the 3 days will be over before we know it.....

Regards, Ari :)

ping
03-15-2004, 07:52 PM
Nice Matt :)

What type and how many did you get from Rod ?

Ari, look at the box ;D. The name is there ;D.
I had 2 boxes from the same guy and all fish are doing well :)
How is your baby doing ? Must be running around by now ;)

Regards,
Ronny

ari_wh
03-15-2004, 10:21 PM
Ronny,
I had to squint to read the box...lol. Easier to ask.. I knew it would be Rod anyway.... I recognised his fish.... ;D ;D So, where are the photos of your new fish?????

Ella is well... She is not running around yet (thank God), but she is very mobile... Power crawling everywhere, and pulling herself up on everything. I don't think I am ready for her walking yet. I am having trouble baby proofing the house as it is....

Regards, Ari :)

ping
03-15-2004, 10:51 PM
Hi Ari,

I dont have a camera, i will borrow later. Only have the discus for 8 days ... they are doing good but still scared with tank lights ;D.

Good to hear about Ella. Please say hi to Scott :)

Regards,
Ronny

mattrox
03-16-2004, 02:36 AM
There are 2 BT AND 2 RT. More to come though. I am going to try to take some more pics when they are not so shy.

Ari, give us a call. Saturday night should be fine for a visit.

The wharf is definitely worth a visit. There is Indo-Pacific marine. They have saltwater aquaria set up as a display. They have a huge pool that they do no water changes and no feeding and all natural lighting. Amazing system. All natural and balanced. After that some food from the vendors on the wharf would hit the spot. And all this very close to town.