PDA

View Full Version : Which air pump to use?

tony1313
03-17-2004, 01:03 PM
I'm in the process of setting up a breeder rack with 8x29gal tanks and need air pump/pumps. I don't want to use 4 double pumps, I would rather use 2x4place or 1 that will power all 8. Also I don't want one that is to large(8-10 tanks only). What should I go with? What brand also?
:inquisitive:
tia,
Tony

M0oN
03-17-2004, 07:41 PM
Visit http://www.drsfostersmith.com and look around, Rio make good quiet airpumps, you could hook the large models up to a 5 way gang valve and run the tanks like that...would probably need 2 or 3 pumps to get it all done...or you could get the larger more expensive models that are designed to power fish rooms.

fcdiscus
03-18-2004, 10:32 PM
Some great pump I have recently started using is the Azoo pump that goes to a battery backup in a power outage. Great pump, quiet, and fairly powerful. It is available at Drs Foster and Smith also. Frank

tony1313
03-19-2004, 07:55 PM
MOon thanks for the link and suggestions. I'll probably go with 2 pumps and a couple of gang valves. Frank thanks for the tip on the backup pump, that sounds like a good system(ya never know when the power will go out). How many sponges do you think one of those Azoo's will power?

Btw... I just finished drilling 8 tanks for the first time(that was interesting).

Tony

fcdiscus
03-19-2004, 11:04 PM
Tony, I would think up to 8, depending on the amount of air you want to push thru the sponge. I like a fairly low amount to go thru my breeder tanks, so it can do 8 for my breeders and more air for my growouts- like 4 of those. Frank