PDA

View Full Version : Filter-MAx Prefilters

bikhu
03-18-2004, 10:31 PM
Hi Everyone,
I ordered some Fliter-Max prefilters from Albert at Aquacave this week. I am very pleased with the product and with the service. I ordered Sunday night on line and the arrived one Wednesday via priority mail.
The prefilters seem like an adaptation of the hydrosponges. They have adapters to fit on the end of the filtertube. There are a couple of different adapters included but the ones that fit the AC filters are perfect. Thesponges do not inhibit water flow at all but do a great job of catching particulate matter. I have been using AC sponges cut to fit on the end of the tube and i have tried the car wash sponge, air conditioning spoonge and seamstress sponge but these filters are working better than any other I have tried and they are quite inexpensive. They are very versatile and look far better in the tank than the other things I have used. The other thing I like about the experience is an opportunity to support someone who supports Simply...
Thanks Albert!

Ryan
03-19-2004, 12:22 AM
I definitely agree. I picked up a Filter-Max about 3 years ago and I loved it. I keep them on all my AquaClears. They look much more neat and tidy than homemade pre-filters, and you can easily pull them off and squeeze them under tap water during water changes. I highly recommend them if you don't mind spending a couple extra dollars and you want something that looks a little better than homemade ones.

Ryan

Bou
03-19-2004, 01:14 AM
Hey guys,

Can anyone post a picture of this pre-filter actually On the filter? Does it fit perfectly to the AC300 and AC 500 model?
Which one are you guys using?
Pre-filter max I, II or III?
Thank you for your response.
Cheers,
Bou

bikhu
03-19-2004, 06:29 AM
Hi Bou,
Unfortunately I don't have a camera so I can't post a picture. I am using III and II . They fit great on the AC 500 and 300. Check out the Aqucave site by clicking on the link at the blottom of this page.

Bou
03-19-2004, 12:09 PM
Hey Bikhu,
Thanks for the info. I will check it out.

lsuber
03-19-2004, 04:37 PM
I use them as well, and believe they will fit on ANY filter tube. They come with a large assortment of tube adapters. One of them, or possibly a combination of several as I have done, will fit almost anything. I use one on my Eheim 2026, and one on a Magnum 350. Love them!