PDA

View Full Version : takashi amano...

Mattzilla
03-24-2004, 10:43 AM
you have probably all seen these, but here are some great takashi amano links.....

http://www.e-aquaria.com/des_amano.html

http://rdo.homelinux.org/gallery/amano

this guy is just bloody amazing!!!!!

matt

FischAutoTechGarten
03-24-2004, 11:02 AM
Amano is like a Network TV Home Decorating Show host. I've seen videos of him. It's all art, no science. (Like watching Martha Stewart....Yeah Martha I could embroider the name of each guest on their napkin, but I worked 12 hours today and my wife says it's my turn to change the diapers.) He shows folks stuff (ie, I'm using this substrate because I like the color), he doesn't teach them anything (ie, this substrate is beneficial because...). That's my impression of going through his books.

Some of his stuff is nice, however I'm more impressed by Phil Edwards entry in last years AGA contest! If you really want to learn how to put together a Beautiful, Maintainable and Sustainable Planted Aquarium, subscribe to the Aquatic Plants Digest.

ChloroPhil
03-24-2004, 02:36 PM
Thanks Pete!

BTW, when are you going to show us pictures of that nifty tank in your Avatar?

FischAutoTechGarten
03-24-2004, 03:36 PM
Phil,
It's not my tank. In fact, I didn't take the picture. It's DiscusBobs. I drove down to pick out a few juveniles for my great grow-out experiment. It's a nice tank...About 135gal I believe. Bob said it had established an equilibrium or sorts on it's own and has looked that good for some time.

DiscusBob posted the photo about 9 months ago on Simply, days after I made the purchase. Chi made it the Thumbnail for the Beginners section of the SimplyDiscus site. My 15 minutes of fame. All I had to do was show up and take a few fish off of Bob's hand.

Once I settle on this B & B thing, I'll set my planted tank up (either in NY or MS). I have absolutely EVERYTHING ready...even down to a nice lab grade Cole Parmer doser for PMDD.

Wahter
03-24-2004, 03:44 PM
Amano is like a Network TV Home Decorating Show host. I've seen videos of him. It's all art, no science. (Like watching Martha Stewart....Yeah Martha I could embroider the name of each guest on their napkin, but I worked 12 hours today and my wife says it's my turn to change the diapers.) He shows folks stuff (ie, I'm using this substrate because I like the color), he doesn't teach them anything (ie, this substrate is beneficial because...). That's my impression of going through his books.

Peter-

He answers all sorts of questions in each issue of the Aquajournal magazine - there's a Q & A section in the back. Of course it's only in Japanese.... ;D (there are 5 issues in English from Singapore, though that has long since ceased being published). Also, when I met him in 2001 at the AGA conference, he's open for any questions.

Matt-

I've posted some amano tank pics here:

http://forum.simplydiscus.com//index.php?board=7;action=display;threadid=16427

Mattzilla
03-24-2004, 07:35 PM
ODwyerPW

dude, i just think his tanks look good...that's all

i'm not into planted tanks myself or "If you really want to learn how to put together a Beautiful, Maintainable and Sustainable Planted Aquarium, subscribe to the Aquatic Plants Digest"....nah man...i just think his tanks look good.

lol

matt

FischAutoTechGarten
03-24-2004, 11:02 PM
Agree Matt. They do look good.