PDA

View Full Version : New 75 gallon

Milleruszk
04-01-2004, 02:16 PM
I have an established 75 gallon and am setting up another 75. What would be the fastest way to cycle the new tank? I have a Aqua Clear 500 and a large sponge filter in the established tank. I was thinking of taking the sponge filter out of the old tank and putting it in the new one. I also have an Aqua Clear 500 on the new tank and a new sponge. In the established tank I have 6 healthy Discus. What crisscross of filters would you do? Thanks!

Tom :-\

Lauren
04-01-2004, 04:43 PM
I always have an extra sponge going in at least one tank, that way, when I want to setup another tank, I just take a sponge thats been running for awhile (longer than 2 months) as long as the tank I take it from also already has 1 sponge thats been there for longer than say 2 months and put it in the new tank. So far its worked like a charm. Course you wouldnt want to take a sponge(at least I wouldnt) from a tank that was previously sick or a QT tank.

Carol_Roberts
04-01-2004, 06:54 PM
IF you have two sponges inside the cycled aqua clear 500 use one in the new AC500 along with a new AC500 sponge and you have an instantly cycled filter. I always have 2 sponges inside my Aqua Clear filters for just this reason.

Milleruszk
04-01-2004, 07:59 PM
Thanks for the tips! Carol you're a genius!! Great idea. Thanks!

Tom ;D