PDA

View Full Version : Happy 2nd Birthday, SimplyDiscus!

Ryan
04-05-2004, 01:43 AM
Wow, can you believe we've been open for two years already? Time flies when you're having fun! Thanks again to Al/brewmaster for all he does to keep us afloat and our wonderful and understanding moderating team. We've been through a couple of rough spots this year but everything has worked out nicely in the end. And also a big thank you to each and every person who participates to make this website as enjoyable and friendly as it is!

Ryan ;D

Jeff
04-05-2004, 01:48 AM
Happy Birthday Simply. Wow 2 years. That's great and just getting started. ;)

RyanH
04-05-2004, 01:51 AM
:balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :drummer: :drummer: :juggle: :jester: :juggle: :jester: :thumbsup:

Orient
04-05-2004, 02:46 AM
Happy Birthday Simply.. ;D ;D

First I must thank all the ppl that keeps this forum going. It has changed my life to the point that I MUST log in at least once a day. Failing to do so will make me depressed and edgy. Talk bout withdrawal symptoms.. ;) ;)

Keep up the good work guys.!!!!!!!!!!!!! and may Simply flourish.

Your Ardent Fan
RyanWong

April
04-05-2004, 03:01 AM
Wow. it is very cool indeed. and we have gained so many members. .
I love hearing from all the people who appreciate all the work that goes into it.
I thank Brew and Ryan for all the work they put into it for us to all enjoy.
Im sure they hardly ever sleep!!
:balloon: :drummer: :fish: :thumbsup:

tom.s
04-05-2004, 07:19 AM
Happy Birthday Simply!!! u all been alot of help

yippy
04-05-2004, 08:04 AM
This is a bit like an Oscar acceptance speech :singer:

First of all Id like to thank Al and Ryan for keeping the "other side'' up and running and also for all the help theyve given me. :)

Ryan gets a special mention for helping me work out how to pin myself on the member map :blockhead:-

But Id also like to thank all the dear friends Ive made here, Ape, you know all the help youve given me, Jack for being on pixie dust, Rod Lewis - who i drive insane with phone calls for worrying about nothing, Cary, Jeff, Glenn, the chatroom buds, just all of you - theres just too many to name. :book:

I know all you mods and admin put in so much of your free time and effort into helping others and making simply what it is today - you all deserve medals. :angel:

I dont know how i could live without you all and Im really looking forward to meeting alot of you at the ACA.

Thanks guys.

Kerry :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

korbi_doc
04-05-2004, 08:09 AM
:bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce: :bounce2: :bounce2: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce: :bounce2: :bounce2:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIMPLY!!! & A BIG THANKS TO AL & RYAN & ALL THE MODS FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK!!!!!!!!! "SIMPLY" THE PLACE TO BE!!!!!!!!!! Dottie ;D

Glenn
04-05-2004, 09:48 AM
WOW 2 years already . A big thanks to Al and Ryan plus all the mods keep up the good work guys and gals.

susankay1
04-05-2004, 10:03 AM
Simply a wonderful site full of wonderful people. Happy Birthday Simply!!!!!!!!!!

paulmat
04-05-2004, 10:38 AM
Congrats Al ;D
And thanks to all the Admins and mods for all thier hard work, so we all have a place to share and support one another ;)
It's allways nice knowing that we are not alone out there(if you know what I mean) ;)
LETS PARTY !!!!!!!!

Paul

DarkDiscus
04-05-2004, 11:51 AM
Very Cool.

I had forgotten...

::)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIMPLY!

John

Barb Newell
04-05-2004, 11:58 AM
HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY SIMPLY!!!!

Thanks to Al :thumbsup:, Ryan, all of the mods, members and visitors that make this site the very very best --- #1.

It's hard to believe it's been 2 years.

Barb :)

lkleung007
04-05-2004, 12:01 PM
WOW Simply Discus...TWO YEARS!!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

It seems like yesterday when the board was started by our fearless leaders Al and Ryan. What a great two years and I am sure many more to come. Keep up the great work gang!!!!!! ;D

Lester

ping
04-05-2004, 12:06 PM
wow, 2 years :)
Happy Birthday!!!!!!

Time for Al, Ryan and mods to get some more discus ;D

Ronny

fshngal
04-05-2004, 12:23 PM
Happy Birthday simplydiscus.com -- your simply the best!!!

Fshngal

bikhu
04-05-2004, 05:02 PM
I knew it was coming up here pretty soon... Happy B-Day Simply DIscus and thank you so very much to the moderators and owners for the hours and hours of selfless service you offer to us. I for one am so very grateful to you!
Peace,
peter

Ardan
04-05-2004, 06:52 PM
Happy Birthday Simply Discus!!
And wishing many more! 8) :D :D :D

Ryan
04-05-2004, 07:07 PM
Time for Al, Ryan and mods to get some more discus ;D

You're right, Ronnie... anyone who wants to get rid of some babies can send them to Ryan Smith, 200 Richardson Lane.......... :P ;D

Ryan

Tad
04-05-2004, 07:45 PM
Happy Birthday SimplyDiscus! http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/party/party-smiley-020.gif

Many thanks to Al and Ryan and all of the mods for keeping it Simply Awesome ;) and a special appreciation to all of the members who make it "Simply The Best"

With the highest regards and congratulations,
Tad

amazon
04-05-2004, 08:01 PM
Happy 2nd Birthday, Simply Discus! May you have many many in the years to come.It would be very difficult for a
new member like me to do well with out so many learned people on the forum
Keep up the excellent work.

Don_Lee
04-05-2004, 09:49 PM
In some ways it seems like just yesterday, and in some ways a lifetime ago, that I received a message about a new board forming-"Simply Discus." Having frequented other boards, and being turned off by many due to the unfriendly tone, I was interested in trying a new board. Wow, am I glad I did. Thanks to Al and Ryan, and all of the others who make this board special. There are truly some great people here. I am proud to be a part of Simply Discus, may there be many more birthdays to come!

Don ;D

brewmaster15
04-06-2004, 12:39 AM
You Know I checked in at least a dozen times today, answered my emails and IMs, and read this post and walked away from this computer not knowing what to write....Not knowing how to sum up how I feel about this place without sounding preachy, arrogant or foolish.

Thought of a lot of things I could say.....How proud I am of it , the moderators, the membership here and my partner Ryan. ... How blown away I am every time I see the stats on the site, and how humble I feel, when I witness the charity and generousity members here show one another.

I think of this site as a person, as a good friend, I guess thats only natural when you have spent so much time working on something. It becomes part of you, and you become part of it. Two years is such a short time and yet seems so long to me...I never dreamed this would ever turn out like this. I never thought I would be part of something like this.

Since I really don't know how to put into words what I feel here I'll Just say this...

Happy Birthday Simply Discus!!!!!

May every year be better than the previous and may you continue to be the good friend that you are to so Many. In my eyes , You are Simply the Best!!!

-al

Discus_KC
04-06-2004, 09:33 AM
Great Job !!!!!

We are all blessed by your dedication and hard work !!!

My hats off !!! The forums helped me thru a hardship last year and I'm very thankful !!!

Jack

yippy
04-06-2004, 10:30 AM
Good speech Jack - hope its as good at the ACA - :book: hehehehehe ;)

YAPPY :)

Kagan
04-06-2004, 01:11 PM
Happy birthday Simply.. Hope you had a nice one.. hehehe ;D ;D ;D

Kagan

Wahter
04-06-2004, 06:02 PM
2 years? Seems like just yesterday, April was telling me, "go sign up; it'll be the best forum on discus".

ChloroPhil
04-06-2004, 06:39 PM
....and she was right!

Happy Bday Simply!

Carol_Roberts
04-06-2004, 10:12 PM
2 years and still going strong ;D

SLY
04-06-2004, 11:06 PM
2 years and going strong. Happy birthday Simply.

Goldfish_in_a_bowl
04-08-2004, 11:53 AM
Happy birthday Simply the BEST!
To say everything I would like to say... well... Ya know! ::)LOL
To some this has been a "Discus Family" for what has it been... six years or more? some of us have been through SO much together.. Been there.. Helped each other out when we were having Bad times with our fish.. Our lives.. our snotty kids... oh that was just me! :-\ ;D ;D I know I would have given up and used my fish tanks as Flower planters.. Coffee tables... or Target practice by now. You all have taught me so much... I think when you are in the hobby for so long you forget.. take for grantid.. whatever that "We were not all born in a FISH BOWL" so many people just read and learn... alot dare jump in with us and join our family...I know I am forced! >:( to remember how much "GOOD" this forum does when I am standing in most if not all pet stores or at Walmart buying something in the pet section and hear the ADVICE people are getting :o >:(... Or see the Goldfish in a bowl with the florescent castle three pounds of gravel and one cup of water heading out the door to its new home.. This forum is and will always be a excellent source of knowledge, Help, sometimes just a smile on a BAD DAY! and a home to all of us.. to hear people like Cary or Jack offer to help someone out in a time of need.. doesn't even surprise me, it is just the way it is... The way They are! "MY FAMILY" :-[
I just wished Carol lived closer so I could say as I grab my kids in a head lock... "Okay thats it!!.. you're going to Grandma Carols and it aint gonna be pretty! ;) ;D
Al, Ryan all of the moderators here... You should all be very proud!
okay on that emotional note... I am going...to do laundry! ::)
I LOVE ADORE YOU ALL! :-*

ed :gorgeous:

now aren't ya glad I didn't say everything I wanted! :o :o ;D

GulfCoastDiscus
04-08-2004, 05:50 PM
Happy Birthday Simply. First of all I want to thank Al, Ryan and the mods. I also want to thank all the members.

What I appreciate most is that Simply Discus brings good people together from all over the world and gives people like me the opportunity to meet others and to become best of friends.

Again Thank you.

Dan

Pick
05-12-2004, 10:57 PM
From the better late than never camp...Happy 2!!!!!!

The fellowship grows. Thanks of course to Al, Ryan + all Mods (yes I like mods - they are the lubrication that keeps this wheel turning) I don't check in much these days. I'm swamped with work but I do still have my RT x PB pair.

Keep it up everyone, you've made an impact in the fishkeeping world.

TC

Rick_May
05-18-2004, 11:26 AM
YEEEEEEEEHHHAAAAAAWWWWW,
and it's still growing. Personally I spend far too much time on Simply reading 90% of the posts, sometimes I even comment.

What do you know....I just leveled up to "Discus Enthusiast".........A sure sign I need to work more!

Can't wait to get to know everyone going to ACA!

sky888
05-20-2004, 05:20 AM
Being the leading Discus resource site, I am surprise that Simply Discus is only 2 years old! it's really amazing that you have come that far within the last 2 years!

3 cheers! Happy anniversary!

David N
06-12-2004, 11:00 PM
I thought you guys were around a lot longer than that. I'm glad I found this site and I've made a few friends through it. Happy Birthday!!! May you have many more!!!

David N