PDA

View Full Version : What happened?

jimmybui
04-08-2004, 12:05 AM
i dont understand how this happened,but this is what i got...

2 tangerines,1 red spotted diamond and 1 san merah in a 20 gallon

and i got 2 ss, and 2 blue diamond x blue turq,

well what has happened was, one of my bd x bt just past away,and i dont know how?
i had a 150w heater,10 gallon,did water change about 30 mins before it past away,sponge filter,filter and all the other reqs in the tank,
then just recently the other bd x turq jumped out the tank... and broke my heater,then i tossed him into the 20 gallon,and jumped out 2 more times!

i have to baby sit this guy alot of times and make sure he stays inside the tank, i dont know why he keeps jumping out,its been about 20 mins and he jumped out 2 times in the 20 mins,i dont know why,and what is wrong,

so currently,since i got the fish
i drained my 10 gallon,tossesd them into the 20
lost a heater,and one of my babies(2.5-3.0 inches)
and now the otehr one seems to commit suicide,and the ss arent looking at all good either,can someone tell me whats wrong? i really need help and i need it asap,because they're going crazy,knocking everything down in the tank,trying to suicide and break thermometers, thank you for your guys help,well appreciated

Carol_Roberts
04-08-2004, 01:02 AM
Stray voltage in tank?
Chlorine?
Ammonia?
Water company cleaned the waterlines today?

aqua
04-08-2004, 01:29 PM
Jimmy,
Contact David. His nickname is "crazy4discus". He logs on here very often and he is also from Stockton. Maybe he can help you to solve your problem.

steve s
04-09-2004, 11:44 PM
sounds like water problems. you might want to use Prime
or something to take out bad stuff in water. you might also
check PH and make sure new and old water match.
look at water works area on this forum.
good luck.

jimmybui
04-14-2004, 06:46 PM
Well, we have this thing that filters our water for us and another one has just died, i use straight tap,and i use the same tap water(aged) like crazy4discus,but when this one died..>

it was healthy last night,went to school,and he was dead...

he was very light in color,and died very darkly....what couilda happened?

RyanH
04-14-2004, 09:18 PM
I would definately check for stray voltage. Your fish sound like they are being tortured.

Turn off your heaters for an hour or so and see if your fish calm down.

Having a tank that is facing a bright window can cause skittishness but I've never experienced anything like what you are describing.

Also, I would invest in some sort of cover for your tanks like Versa-Tops or something to keep your fish in the water.

Carol_Roberts
04-14-2004, 09:23 PM
You have a thing that filters your tap water?

What is your pH?

jimmybui
04-15-2004, 08:41 PM
my ph is near 7.0-7.5

jimmybui
04-15-2004, 08:44 PM
Can this be the problem?

well,eversince i bought them,ive fed them a lot of live worms,and so has the original owner,but do you guys think its possible for him to sell me some with internal infection? because ive been using melifix and salt,and none of the guys cure, any solutions?