PDA

View Full Version : quarantine?

CN
04-27-2004, 06:47 PM
newbie with question....i have quarantine my new fish for 3 weeks already....they are very happy and very strong...it seem like they are disease free..so is it ok for me to mix it with my other discus...i want them to have a lot of room because right now they are being over overcrowded (eight 3-31/2 in 20 gallon)....should i be paitent and let it quarantine for another 3 week?have anyone mix their fish before three week? what was the outcome???

cn

Northwestcoastdisc
04-27-2004, 08:23 PM
Hi CN,

You need to buy bigger tank Or get another 20 gallon tank to spilt up the fish in two tanks. PLEASE do no mixture QT discus with your fish in your tank. You might give them 2 or 3 more weeks or so. You need keep your eyes on them.

I would put new fish in QT for 6 to 7 weeks to make sure they are still happy healthy to put new fish in other fish tank would better and safe.

HTH

Duncan

NWCD

Carol_Roberts
04-27-2004, 09:41 PM
Yes, get a bigger Q tank. You are asking for trouble crowding fish if you don't keep up with water changes and tank maintainance.

Add one of your healthy runts to your discus in the Q tank - wait 2 or 3 more weeks to make sure all stay healthy.

CN
04-28-2004, 06:38 PM
are there a certain disease that might effect the discus? and can you cure them?

cn

Carol_Roberts
04-28-2004, 09:40 PM
There are lots and lots of diseases that affect discus. Some are fatal - some can be cured easily.