PDA

View Full Version : any NC discus 4 sale Raleigh area?

migerrin
05-10-2004, 09:17 PM
I'm looking to start a discus aquarium & would like to buy from local person/s.

Jeff in NC
05-11-2004, 05:15 AM
I have some nice Red Rose for sale. I live in Chapel Hill

Jeff

PTDiscus
05-11-2004, 09:24 AM
Hey Jeff,

How are your little Rose Red's doing? Mine are going like weeds and eating anything I can put into the tank ;)

Pat & Terri

migerrin
05-11-2004, 02:23 PM
Hi,

How big are they & how much do they cost? Do you have any photos or know of a site that has pictures of this type of discus? I currently keep African Cichlids so my new discus tank is going to be from the ground up. Cost and location are 2 big issues, and the location part works out great! Do you keep other kinds of discus too?
Michelle

Jeff in NC
05-12-2004, 09:04 AM
Hi,Pat,Terri and Michelle,

The guys are growing faster than i can feed them.It is so great to hear yours are doing good.I have sold alot of them.How many do you have left?Michelle, they are about 1.5 inches. If you go to the photo gallery you can see a posting of Red Rose.Also if you look back a few pages under buy sell trade for the post of Who wants to raise a batch of fry in NC you can see the parents.Last but not least you can look at Great Lakes Discus banner he has pics of them the,parents came from Cary.The price is 25 a fish.Thanks Jeff

migerrin
05-12-2004, 01:21 PM
Jeff,

I'd like to get 3 or 4 of them (male & females if possible). When can I come see & get them? Please email me with directions at qts247@nc.rr.com.

Michelle

PTDiscus
05-12-2004, 08:44 PM
Yo Jeff,

We still have them all.. All Growing rather rapidly. Like I said they will eat anything. Gaurd your burger and fries LOL Two days after we bought the babies we went to Evensville, TN and I picked up 3 young San Merahs that are beautiful. They are around 3 to 3.5 inches and the babies are 1" to 1 1/2"

How many of the babies do you have left? Are you going to keep any to grow out and keep for yourself? I am just now comfortable and ready to sell a few but I think I will keep about half a dozen.

Pat & Terri

Pat_in_NC
05-12-2004, 09:18 PM
Hey Jeff and Pat and Terri,

Great to hear they are doing well. The parents went at it again a few weeks later--now I have another batch of 30-40 that are going on 1.5 weeks free swimming. I'm done with travelling for a few months so I'm going to try to grow out this batch myself and see how they do. Sounds like you guys are doing a great job with them. Send or post some pics when you get a chance...I'd like to see how they are turning out. Get em eating some tetrabits to help bring out that nice red color..

Pat

PTDiscus
05-13-2004, 09:32 AM
Hey there Pat,

These guys eat Tetrabits at least 1 meal a day and are eating 6 to 8 meals a day with 2 w/c's of at least 75% per change. They basically eat anything, flakes, BW's, Chiclid Chow, Oceanic frozen Wattley's Discus Formula.... etc... I will get some pics taken in the next few days and post them.

BTW Pat did you get the last email I sent you??? If not I would like to know where you got your Bristtle nose.... They were such a beautiful color and Terri has been looking for them since we were at your place... and we just can not find any here.

Also how are the Mandarian's doing??? Boy they were beautiful. Let us know when you have a batch of them to sell...We will not even think twice about coming out to get more.

Ciao ciao
Pat & Terri

jrpatter
05-14-2004, 08:33 AM
I also have some Rio Jutapo/gold crosses and some Blue diamonds for sale 2 to 3 inches. Also i have a couple of wilds for sale 5 to 6 inches. If your interested i can bring some to the next fish club meeting in raleigh, and/or i can bring some along on my next delivery trip through raeigh when i am runing around some blackworms and frozen foods. Any questions feel free to drop me a line.

john