PDA

View Full Version : New Discus is taking a beating!!!

RedestWing
05-19-2004, 05:18 PM
I am having a problem. I just got my third Discus yesterday and he/she is taking a beating. I have 2 Red Turks, 4" and 3.25" ..... well, I got the new one which is about 3" and when I had him in the bag in the tank the others seem to not care, just normal checking it out and seeing whats going on. Well, when I finally let it out, my 3.25" totaly hated it. Started swating it with its tail, chased it all over, wont let it eat, breathe, nothing. Is ths normal at first? My others never had a problem when they were introduced. I have been told by a few that maybe I am a lucky beginner and have a pair already, but they do not show signs of that and i think the 3.25" is a bit young and small to be mature yet. Any advice would be helpful !!!

ronrca
05-19-2004, 06:01 PM
2's a company
3's a crowd

It is typical with only 3 discus in the tank. It is best to start with 6 as there are more to pick on then 2 against 1. ;)

Carol_Roberts
05-19-2004, 07:31 PM
You can try a divider or take her back as they may hate her forever and harass her until she dies

RedestWing
05-20-2004, 02:58 PM
I think you guys misunderstood me. The bigger Discus does not care whats going on ..... its the discus thats about a half inch bigger. But it seems that it has some what calmed down and dont chase the little one as much. I think I will go get one more, then that way things will be easier on it.

Northwestcoastdisc
05-20-2004, 05:53 PM
When the first discus arrival in tank. They are own rules in the tank. when the new discus in the same tank with the first discus, The first discus are chasing after other discus becase the first discus are stay in the tank long time and they control over. Then you should get 6 or more discus in your tank. What is size of your tank? Remember one adult per 10 Gal.

I agree with Ronrca and Coral 's comments.

My suggest you should get another tank or divided.

Duncan

Willie
05-23-2004, 10:47 AM
If you didn't quarantine, then you're going to have other things to worry about.

Willie