PDA

View Full Version : 2 Questions in 1

RedestWing
05-25-2004, 05:32 PM
I have 2 questions that I am sure will be simple for you folks. First of all, I just got a juvi as of last week and it seems when my other Discus flicker their fins real fast, it seems to almost go lifless for a few minutes.... almost as if it gives its body to the others ....lol. Second of all this same Discus has either ich or a funfus on top of its fin, but I have never seen one like this! It seems to be on both sides and identical in shape, as if it had a handle bar shoved through it. It did have more, but most have gone away. Is this ich or does it sound more like a fungus? I am treating with clout,cause from my experiences, that stuff is a miracle worker, and it never harms my fish.

RedestWing
05-25-2004, 06:03 PM
Ok, not even 5 minutes after I post this I look at the Juvi, and what I thought was ich or a fungus has deflated and is falling off. I am a bit confused as to what in the world this is but I am still gonna medicate to be safe, but I still would like to know why it Displays submission to the other Discus. is this normal, cause it will sometimes stay sideways for a few minutes and sometimes they will peck at each others mouths, but then 2 minutes later they will all be swimming and go back to normal. I am starting to think I get the reject Discus ..lol.

Carol_Roberts
05-25-2004, 11:13 PM
So . . . you put one juvenile discus in a tank of established discus and you thought the juvenile might have ick, but whatever it was fell off his fin . . . this does not sound like a good start for all concerned. It's really hard for one discus - especially a juvenile to go in an established tank. Let's hope he wasn't packing any hitchhikers - I guess you'll know soon enough . . . . I'd have some formalin or quick cure on hand.