PDA

View Full Version : If money was not a factor...

United21Soccer
05-26-2004, 09:13 PM
I saw this q on another forum:

What would you buy if money was not a factor. You could get anything you want...

I for one would get a 1,000 gal in a fish room, where i could keep 100 of the finest grade discus and get them the best food, equipment, wc system...top of the line everything!

What would you guys get?

Denny
05-26-2004, 09:34 PM
Retirement

xen
05-26-2004, 10:06 PM
"I think that if I had a millon dollars, I'd have sex with two women at the same time."

For all you Office Space fans out there ;D

Seriously though, if money weren't an issue, I'd love to setup some kind of observation room in / under a small lake. Forget this tank business, let's get a real biotope going :-)

Cheers!
John

Dkarc@Aol.com
05-26-2004, 11:45 PM
That sounds like an awesome plan John! Although, if money were no option for me, I would travel the world and aquire only the finest discus out there and then bring them back to my full scale commerical hatchery. That, or just travel the world for the experiences. ;D

-Ryan

Rod
05-27-2004, 04:57 AM
A tank so large i'd need scuba gear to clean the algae of the veiwing window ;D

Steve_Warner
05-27-2004, 05:15 AM
Hi all,
A comfy tree house.........................in the Amazon Jungle ;D

Steve

lesley
05-27-2004, 09:34 PM
The Amazon jungle and tree house sound good, maybe large enough to have a couple of long tanks let say 25' (money's no object here) set up like a slice of river and your favourite discus would form natural groups (do they??)and you could laze back and enjoy. There would of course be a clearing where your helicopter sat so you could copter out to your jet and occasionally go to interesting places and to meet interesting people or to get the newest you beaut discus.

April
05-27-2004, 11:57 PM
Rod if you get the money..and the tank..dont forget the plane ticket for a good friend to come and see it. ;D 8)
id have a automated fishroom for sure..and..id help some of my bestest buds with their fishrooms or stores. and..of course go see all my friends hatcheries or fishrooms. :gossip: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish:discus party.

heckelcrazy
05-28-2004, 08:24 PM
golf, food , not work, fish, not work, more golf, not work...u get the basic picture.

aran

Tad
05-29-2004, 11:53 PM
Heckle Im with you
...Golf, food and no work and then more golf LOL...I think I would move to a 100 acre piece of property in the mountains with my own private fishing lake and then..build a nice place to live with a separate warehouse sized fish room with living quarters so Cary Strong can raise my discus and keep the tanks clean ;D while Im playing golf....might even hire FCdiscus "Frank" to do my yard work :P
Hows that for retirement Denny???? LOL,

regards,
Tad

Glenn
05-30-2004, 01:14 AM
Tad that sounds good.

Ryan
05-30-2004, 01:22 AM
Tad, why do a hundred acres when you could do a thousand? You've got all the money ;D

Ryan

Fish Addict
05-30-2004, 04:05 PM
I'd buy a big house, hire 3 maids who cook, clean, ..ect .. for me.. ...All I do is kick back, relax, and enjoy my discus....... ;D

kaceyo
05-31-2004, 01:28 PM
how,bout a river biotope that spirals around on the walls w/just enough of a grade to keep water moving from top floor to bottom? It could work.No,Really.All you engeneers out there get to work.

Cosmo
06-02-2004, 11:35 AM
A giant Discus tank running throughout the house that would allow the fish to move from room to room through passageways built into the walls. Everything set on automatic for wc's, feedings, water parameters, etc. Actually, have already planned on doing this once i hit the lotto :) Hope it's soon! :P

Jean
06-02-2004, 10:06 PM
;D Dream... ok.

I'd buy ALOT of LAND, and plop a house on it, not huge but nice, with a fish room of course. I'd travel some. I'd help out my friends and family. I'd hire someone to do the housework & cook.
I sock some away for my kid's educations. I would find a worthy cause or establish a foundation for things I believe strongly in.

I could go on, but I best stop now!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jean ;D 8)