PDA

View Full Version : worm box/cage/barrel/thingee

heckelcrazy
05-31-2004, 06:20 PM
ok all you budding red wiggler farming nuts out there... i need plans for a cheap but effective red wiggler colony box or barrel or whatever. Lemme see what you experts are doing so i can copy it!

cheers in advance

aran

ronrca
05-31-2004, 06:37 PM
Thanks Aran! You beat me to the punch! I was going to do the same as Im going to be ordering some soon! Lets see what wisdom and experience we can absorb from our members! ;D

Jason
06-01-2004, 09:38 PM
I just use shipping styro's filled with peat moss, newspaper, and leaves from outside sometimes.
Have a few in rotation, I keep mine under the tank racks and it works well but I also order 1.5lb. a month extra too.

never tried keeping them outside though.

drew22to375
06-08-2004, 09:22 PM
I just made mine out of 1" X 4" pine. made them 1' X 2' with removeable lids for easier casting harvesting. I also used a waterproof liquid nail in between the planks so water wouldn't drip out on the floor. And for the air vents I took 1" pvc cut them 3/4" long and wrapped nylon window screen over them cut the holes in the sides of the box with hole saw and used the liquid nail again to glue them in place. Has been working great for 4 months now.

luke_potts
06-08-2004, 10:10 PM
Hi guys
these sound really interesting i was wondeing if there would be any chance of posting a couple of pics of these things. thanks

Cheers
luke

drew22to375
06-08-2004, 10:18 PM
Hi guys
these sound really interesting i was wondeing if there would be any chance of posting a couple of pics of these things. thanks

Cheers
luke

I don't have a digital camera but if I can grab one from a friend that has one I will post some..

luke_potts
06-10-2004, 06:05 AM
Thanks
:D

cheers
luke