PDA

View Full Version : Who sells Lilaeopsis brasiliensis ?

redlines
06-04-2004, 06:48 PM
Well,

It's finally going to happen. The wife won. No bare bottom tank in the livingroom. It has to be pretty, not just the fish.

I am looking for Lilaeopsis brasiliensis OR Lilaeopsis mauritiana to use as my foreground. Also know as a " Brazilian Micro Sword"

I would also consider Echinodorus tenellus.

I am looking for highly recommended sources where I can purchase this plant as well as others.

Thanks for the help!

Andy

Anonapersona
06-05-2004, 09:41 AM
I have some that I will be pullling up if you want to buy some. I bought it as lilaeopsis new zelandia (sp?) at the AGA convention, but looking at it in Kasselmann's book it looks more like brasiliensis with the thinner leaves. It won't be a plug, but runners that have traveled outside of where I want them.

I also have ambulia, sunset hygro, rotala indica, rotala carolinia, crypt red wendtii, compacta sword, and narrow leaf java fern (rare, some big, some babies) and some crypt lutea, crypt parva, java moss in smaller amounts. PM me if you want to buy from a hobbiest rather than a store -- hobbiests are more generous with portions, you know!

ChloroPhil
06-06-2004, 10:17 AM
Andy,

I'd get the stuff from Ann rather than the store. :)

Ann,

It's good to see you again. How're the babies?

Best,
Phil

Anonapersona
06-06-2004, 11:17 AM
Hi Phil!

They are just so cute! I've got 23 red turk babies (oh, wait, two are actually something else... marlboros?) from Daniel, they are busy buzzing all around the tank. I have them in the kitchen, right at the back door, at the entry to the den, so it is the busiest spot in the house. People suddenly coming from any direction. Lots of activity at breakfast and dinner, and I pass by there a million times a day. They are brave little guys, never spooked for long.

They've grown about 1/4 inch this week, for the most part. Some are larger than the others, but some of the smaller ones are quite perfect. I can't imagine selling any off, but I know I'll have to.

Now I'm eying all the existing tanks in the house, trying to figure out how to have 10 gallons x 23 fish.....