PDA

View Full Version : Best e-mail order supply outlet

kaceyo
06-07-2004, 05:25 PM
Can you advise me on good mail order aqua.supplies?Also,opinions on best brands sub/heaters and powerhead/pump for water ageing tank where they are likely to get bumped around a bit.And,while I,m at it,are any flake foods in particular considered better for Discus? Thanks, Kacey P.S. How long on average does it take to get supplies from mail order co.s?

drew22to375
06-07-2004, 06:08 PM
Big al's online and Pet Warehouse are pretty good. Pet Warehouse does have better Service and has a faster delivery that Big Al's. But big Al's usually is a little cheaper on some of the biger products. For heaters I like the Titanium Pro heat no glass to break if they get bumped around. And Power heads Maxi-jets all the way..

RyanH
06-07-2004, 06:15 PM
I use three sites regularly:

www.jehmco.com
www.bigalsonline.com
www.petsolutions.com

Big Al's tends to be the cheapest but you will wait longer for your stuff. Petsolutions has great service but is a tad pricier. Jehmco is more of a commercial vendor.

1. I use Via Aqua Titanium heaters and Ebo-Jager glass heaters. You will get varying opinions on any brand though...

2. When I used the smaller airpumps I really took a liking to the Tetratec deepwaters. Now I use a Sonic p65 pump that runs the air on all of my tanks.

3. I like Ocean Nutrition flakes. I mix Formula one and formula two together. I also use Tetrabits.

4. I placed an order with Petsolutions on Sunday last week and got it on Wednesday. Not bad. Big Al's usually will take a week and a half or so.

hth!

Dkarc@Aol.com
06-07-2004, 06:58 PM
Aquatic Eco-Systems is the best place for selection and prices. Their catlog is almost a full inch thick!! They have everything you could ever need. From Tetra Bits to commercial scale protein skimmers. www.aquaticeco.com
And they will price match everything they have.

-Ryan

jules
06-07-2004, 07:32 PM
Does anyone have experience with Canadian On-line suppliers (besides Big Als)?

SmellsFishy0
06-07-2004, 08:33 PM
dont forget about (www.thatfishplace.com) good dry goods prices

Danse
06-07-2004, 10:41 PM
Does anyone have experience with Canadian On-line suppliers (besides Big Als)?

Jules, I tried two places.
www.mops.ca The service is great, you get your stuff in about 3 days.
www.petsandponds.com/securestore/ You get your stuff in about a week.

April
06-08-2004, 12:00 AM
Jules. also check out Jasons online store. he also has alot more coming online very soon. some great european products.
www.superiordiscus.com.
i get lots from there now.

Cosmo
06-08-2004, 10:36 AM
Drs Foster and Smith have a great catalogue, decent prices, and excellent customer service www.drsfostersmith.com

kaceyo
06-08-2004, 06:18 PM
Thanks everyone, I just ordered a heater,pump,test kits and a few other things from Big Al's.They had everything I wanted and were least expensive.Since I'm waiting on my filter to cycle anyway,I could afford the x-tra few days shipping time more than the x-tra $ for faster delivery. Thanx for the good info. Kacey

jules
06-08-2004, 07:32 PM
April - so that's why I can't get into Jasons Product section of his website.

Smokey
06-08-2004, 08:24 PM
very interesting Question; K

Presently I am in need of:
12 - 250 watt Ebo-Jager heaters.[ no substatutes].
12 - 700 gph Dannier Supreme pumps. [ no substatutes].

I have contacted the reqular suppliers. $150.00 for the pump
I have contacted other on-line suppliers. $75.00 for the same unit.
Difference - two for the price of one.
and the supplier is still making money!!

the heaters - I can get them for less money, than my wholesaler supplies them.
All from the same Canadian sources
so who do I purchase from?

Smokey

Discusgeo
06-08-2004, 08:46 PM
Smokey I would skip on the Ebo's. They haven't been as good in the last few years ever since they change to the Black and Blue units. Check out this thread with Jean, she has some excellant prices on Won Heaters. You may still be able to get some or at least you have a good source next time.
George
http://forum.simplydiscus.com//index.php?board=13;action=display;threadid=18884

Smokey
06-09-2004, 03:38 AM
Thanks for the suggestion.
I will stay with the ebo's.