PDA

View Full Version : Rio Negro research

Steve_Warner
06-12-2004, 04:45 AM
Hi all,
Well, I have been studying up on info about the Negro and it's ecology in a book called "Rio Negro-Rich Life In Poor Water"(I looked for this book EVERYWHERE. Finally had to get my local library to borrow a copy from Humboldt Univ). This is a very interesting book with some good insight into how the flora and fauna of the "Blackwater" region survive. I was especially intrigued by the info on the scale-eating tendancies in some species and the possibility that they get some of their nutrients from the scales of other fishes. The nutrient cycling theories are fun to read about, as well. The book goes into detail on a bunch of diff topics such as to why/how the Negro gets it's coloration, food items utilized by the fishes of the Negro(graphed out) and the migration patterns of certain fishes(Characins) during the insuing flooding/draining periods of the 'Zon. Good stuff!

Steve

jn4u
06-15-2004, 11:06 AM
Nice I find this book on a univ... in sweden also. Just waiting for the book be free for a loan. Just 1 book in a country of 10 miljon.... just nice.

Or even better if it have a capter about breeding heckels... :P

jn4u
06-29-2004, 01:36 PM
http://www.discusfish.nu/blogger/images/bb/0009.jpg
Today I got the book and it's look very intressting. Well no more time to write time to read.
;D ;D
tnks