PDA

View Full Version : Planted Discus Tank???

crookedantler
06-16-2004, 05:50 PM
I have a 125 gallon tank that is currently cycleing.I want to put live plants in it.What must I do to keep the plants alive?
Also,how long should I wait to add Discus to this tank?I currently have 6 3-4" discus in my 30gallon that I got from Mac's discus.They are all eating fine and appear to be in great health.

ChloroPhil
06-16-2004, 07:58 PM
Crookedantler,

My first suggestion would be to read the stickied threads at the top of the forum. They will answer some questions you have now and will also help you figure out new ones to ask. As for waiting to add your fish, I'd either get them as adults or grow your fry out in a bare bottom tank and then put them in the plant tank as adults. It wouldn't hurt to start the plant tank when you get the fry either. That way it'll be mature by the time the fish are all grown out.

Best,
Phil

ronrca
06-17-2004, 10:19 AM
I agree with Phil and recommend his suggestions! I have had the experiance with trying juv discus in a planted tank. While not impossible, its much more difficult especially if you are just starting out with discus and plants. Get some adults or go bb and grow them out! ;)