PDA

View Full Version : Super Syphon

Cosmo
07-08-2004, 10:39 PM
A while back I wrote "Attack of the Giant Turds" cause the turds had gotten so large syphoning my python into the bathtub didn't have enough suction to pull them up the tube. well, I've solved the problem and thought I'd share it in case others have a similar problem.

First, I ran a 3/4 inch PVC pipe up thru the walls and plumbed it into the drain in the basement bathroom, then, connected it with a 3/4 nipple to a 5/8 hose. Used Magnum and python connectors and ran the 5/8 into eheim 16/22 hose cause it fit the nipple on the 30 inch python tube better.

Started the suction and the giant turds FLEW up the tube and down the drain.. it was awesome! The gravel was sucked about half way up the tube and tumbled clean before dropping back down to the bottom of the tank. Drained about 70 gals in less than 20 minutes.

Only thing I need to improve upon, is .. junk the magnum connectors, they're too clumsy to attach when you have water running down the hose at you. Changing to eheim double taps. Also, need a plastic clamp on the hose/gravel tube connection.

If you need suction, this is the way to go!

Revenge is mine ... hahahahahahahaha

Jim