PDA

View Full Version : Breeder / Hobbyist San Antonio, TX Area

Webzilla
08-23-2004, 09:43 PM
Does anyone know of a breeder/hobbyist in the San Antonio, Texas area. Discus are very rare in South Texas, I have 18 of them and I want more. I would like to travel and pick them up since I can see them before I buy and won't have to pay shipping charges.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I have been looking for years.

Thanks!

Giniel
08-24-2004, 02:34 AM
Hi Webzilla ,

I don't know of anyone that far south , but Dallas discus in garland texas has some nice fish . I bought some from him this summer . He had some around 7" for 100.00 each. If I remember his site is dallasdiscus.com

Good luck
Debbie

John_Nicholson
08-24-2004, 10:33 AM
If you are going to come to Dallas you ought to also stop by and see Danny at Discus Fantasy and Myself. I am in Caddo Mills which is only about 30 miles from Dallas. If I can help you in any way let me know.

Also Pete Smith in Austin is reducing his stock so you might want to contact him. I think he has a post in the for sale section.

-john

fish_maniac
08-24-2004, 01:04 PM
HI,
John and Danny has some very nice discus. You can't go worng with them and they are not too far away. Pete has some very nice discus and pair for sell as well. I picked up a few Leopard and SS from him last weekend. He still have some but they are going fast.

Here is the link:
http://forum.simplydiscus.com//index.php?board=13;action=display;threadid=20332

Good luck in your search!

Kam

Webzilla
08-24-2004, 05:41 PM
Hey guys Thanks for all your help. I have contacted Pete Already. He has my number and I hope to drive out to Austin Tomorrow evening. I will have cash in hand if he really wants to give them a good home. I already own 18 Discus. They are in a 175 Bow front Oceanic Reef Ready Tank. They do just fine in there and love their home in my home :). I have had these fish for 3 years and they are all huge but one is a runt. But He live fine with the rest of em. They breed all the time but there is so much comotion in the tank with all the mating going on. I have another tank I want to setup and I want more Discus. I found a guy in Houston 3 hours from here that is called Gulf Coast Discus, anyone heard of him? If so can you give me your opinion? Dallas is 5 hours away, it's a haul and shipping with the price of gas would be just a cheap as driving there.

I am toying with possibly setting up some of my pairs to breed, but I'm unsure if the cost vs. profit will work out. I sure wish there was someone I could talk to about it. Being a hobby, once they produce fry I'm going to need to find good homes for them.

Any case nice to meet someone that has the same intrest as myself.

Thanks!

John.....

Aquaticdreamland
08-25-2004, 11:29 PM
Hello, Houston person here. I know Dan at gulfcoastdiscus. Got some lovely fish there. I just checked to see if he has any ready, but told me it would be just a bit. There are quite a few local stores selling american bred nice discus in Houston. If you come down drop me a line, I can give you a list.