PDA

View Full Version : Exposure to Prazi

etr63
10-02-2004, 08:29 AM
Hi All
I have been treating one of my tanks with Prazi for what I think is flukes. I vac the tank before every feeding with a gravel vac and a bucket and use a python after the last feeding to do the WC. So my hands are in the tank 5 to 7 times each day. I take care to wash my hands before and after and was wondering if the exposure to the Prazi in the water is a concern. The reason I ask is I have a half circle red mark on my hand this morning that is a little sore and was concerned that it may be from the Prazi. ( hope I dont sound stupid or paranoid )

first traetment was just over 48 hrs with prazi added to account for that removed with 50% daily WC then went 2 days with 50% WC and no prazi added. Then started 2nd dose yesterday morning.

Earl

yogi
10-02-2004, 11:15 AM
I have not heard of any horror stories doing water changes with prazi or any other meds in the tank. The only time I heard horror stories is when people mixed flubendazole with DMSO. The DMSO allowed it to be absorbed thru the skin.

etr63
10-02-2004, 03:21 PM
Hi Yogi

Thanks for the reply. I may have just hit it against something when I was sleeping. Just not used to working around meds.

Earl

KD
10-02-2004, 03:28 PM
Do you feed frozen bloodworms. I and I've heard others are allergic to them.

jules
10-02-2004, 04:47 PM
I get a hive like reaction when I use methylene blue/formalin in the tank. My hand gets itchy with red bumps. I have never used Prazi.

Jean
10-02-2004, 09:26 PM
There are quite a few ppl who are alergic to the frozen blood worms. Whenever u have to put your hand in a medicated tank; wear a glove or wash thoroughly after with soap and water.

Jean ;D 8)

Howie_W
10-03-2004, 09:55 AM
Hi Earl,

I always keep a bulk supply of rubber laboratory gloves on hand...they are always useful to have when handling any harmful chemicals or foods you may be mildly alergic to.

Howie

etr63
10-03-2004, 06:11 PM
Hi All
Thanks for all the replies. I will have to get some gloves. Where do I get them and is there a certain kind I should get or not get?

Thanks

Earl

jratuszn
10-03-2004, 10:49 PM
Most walgreens type places will have gloves in the pharmacy area (by the ace wrap and stuff). Get powder free, you don't want any extra junk in your tank. Latex should be fine, if you're allergic Nitrile (they'll be purple)are better, but more expensive.

-J