PDA

View Full Version : Rena 400 not so quiet

MrCloudz
10-13-2004, 02:35 PM
I bought a new Rena 400 off ebay and it came today. This thing is too loud, the only other air pump I own is a Penn-Plax Silent Air x2 which is silent. Did I get a messed up pump? The only time I can get it to a aceptable level of sound is if I squeeze it real hard

Cosmo
10-13-2004, 07:51 PM
sounds like you got a "messed up" pump.. maybe something loose inside, or needs new flappers. I have several.. they're not the most quiet pump but they're pretty close to it... normally..
not familiar with your other pump so don't know if one should be louder than the other ???

Jim

slicksta
11-10-2004, 09:27 PM
I have one... and compared to the Deep Water one I had prior....the 400 is a dream. I have it in my bedroom driving 4 airstones....and with the cabinet door closed...it is silent.

Ronald
11-10-2004, 11:27 PM
Guess I am also a lucky one :mad:
Mine is also way to loud. I had done the maintenece thing and that helped for a few weeks. Now I am back to where I started. :mad: :mad:

Ronald

Cosmo
11-11-2004, 04:23 PM
I'm now using my Rena's for smaller tanks and storage tanks. Bought two large diaphram air pump from Jehmco (15 ltr/min) and they're not only more quiet than the Rena's, but they put out about 4 times the air :) About 1.5 times the cost of one Rena 400 from drsfostersmith. :)
Jim