PDA

View Full Version : Why do you think Discus is the King of Aquarium?

Paulo
11-21-2004, 12:52 PM
Hello everyone,

I'm a newbie in Discus keeping...

I gave always read that Discus is the King of Aquarium...

why do you think it is so?

Carol_Roberts
11-21-2004, 12:58 PM
Regal bearing, large size, vivid color and unique care of fry.

Freakdaddy
11-21-2004, 01:10 PM
more personality than Ive seen in any other fish, watch their eyes you can almost see the next move they are gonna make wether its eying up food or deciding wether to give one of its buddies a shove ! completely entrancing I watch mine for hours at a time its better than tv and no adverts or repeats!

RyanGSP
11-21-2004, 04:06 PM
Most colour varieties than any other fish, Just the way they look and swim almost like they know that they are a great ruler. Ever seen one in a planted community tank? just the way that they look past other fish. Plus they can be so tame they will swim into your hand allwing you to take them out of the aquarium, lay them on a ruler, place them back into the tank and tomorrow they will allow you to do it all over again.

Truelies
11-22-2004, 07:54 AM
On top of the above information, Keeping & breeding Discus will let you be a professional and well educated person on the water works/maintenance i.e. getting you familer with KH, GH, PH, NH3, NH4, NO2-, NO3- etc.... In other words, Discus will let you fell like you are a king among other fish breeders.
Is not it?

Regard,
Truelies

Cosmo
11-22-2004, 09:00 PM
Paulo,

Welcome to Simply :)

A newbie to Discus? Discus are fascinating, magnificent, and beautiful creatures... in a short period of time, .... you'll know the answer to the question you're asking today :D

Enjoy :)

Jim

Rhinoboy38
11-22-2004, 09:51 PM
i think they are cause there a hard but easy fish to keep. its easy to keep them but its hard to keep them happy cause of there water conditions. breeding too. its mostly watching water conditions and leting them practice and get better. then they feed there own young. you dont need to give them hiding places and pull out the parents. the parents work together and raise there young. and its more then that. of all the fish i raised the discus have emotions. when they see the yellow can and when i enter the room the bigger one gets excited. but also when she layed eggs and the other fish ate them. she would stare at the area for a day or so. i only had these fish for about 2 months but one has grown to me so that i enter the room she swims to the top and stuff. there great fish to raise and keep.

GulfCoastDiscus
11-25-2004, 12:37 AM
Hi Paul,
Welcome to Simply. You got your answers. :) You know we're a little bias. You're talking to a bunch of discus fanatics, like me.lol

dan

Ardan
11-25-2004, 08:09 AM
They are very addictive :D
Really a bit of a challenge and a bit of work (play)
Graceful fish, neat ,unusual shape and remarkable colors (many varieties)
Fry are "fed" by the parents slime coat.

Ardan

blaze
11-30-2004, 08:56 PM
because they are

mikeos
12-02-2004, 09:11 AM
If you cant answer this question for yourself after keeping discus for 3 months, its not a hobby for you:D .

You'll soon figure it out. lOL