PDA

View Full Version : plants not growing need help!!!

kahisr20
12-10-2004, 03:11 AM
i got 30 gallon bb show tank.. got two big driftwood trying to grow Anubias and java ferns is been 2 weeks one of anubias died...did i do anything wrong....

The Discus Shop
12-10-2004, 04:52 AM
I have also started growing anubias on driftwood last week, and I already see new leaves popping out everywhere. I think this fast growth has to do with my usage of tap water in the tank as well as the lighting (96Watts Coralife).

HTH

Dennis

nacra99
12-10-2004, 02:50 PM
HI Kashir
What are your water parameters? temp, phosphates, nitrates.
How's your lighting? how long and how powerful.
R u injecting with CO2?

Java ferns tend to be really slow growers, so don't be discouraged if you don't see any immediate results with them.

aggie_67
12-11-2004, 11:24 PM
I am having the same problem. Feel the light level is too low. Since I only have one plant per tank wondering if a track light (spot light) will provide the type of light needed for growth?

Wahter
12-12-2004, 03:05 AM
If your lighting is very low and/ or your water is very soft, the plants won't grow very much or die.

Howie_W
12-12-2004, 12:10 PM
In addition to what Walter said, it's good to remember that new plants often have minimal root systems that make it harder for them to succeed without the benefits of a substrate.

You can also consider growing new plants in a clay pot with some flourite or similar mix for a number of months, giving them time to become more established before transfering them to your driftwood. Anubias and java's are very forgiving plants, but without proper lighting and basic nutrients they will die.

HTH

Howie