PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Alaskaknucklehead
01-03-2005, 06:13 AM
What a great board, lots and lots of info. I love discus. I have been raising my first discus for @18months now. He is a surviver. He watched me battle ph and was relieved when I settled for "stable". He survived snail infested plants as I proved though I may be able to keep fish, that does not change the fact I have no green-thumb whatsoever. He survived a community tank, a tank brace-break, lived in a tupperware tub for a shortwhile, then waited all alone while I found homes for the other fish he had to once tolerate. While I planned for his future.
Now he resides happliy in a 55 with the 5 rocky mountain discus I got from Al. (thread in itself) He is now the King of his aquarium he deserves to be. To say he loves his tankmates is an understatement. His colors never looked so good and I love the way they follow him around the tank. With the exeption of my reeftank, discus are all I want.
Just noticed the time, I have stayed up way to late reading sticky's, will post more later...
BTW, thats him in the bottom-right of my avatar, will try to get some fresh pics soon to post.

susankay1
01-03-2005, 07:08 AM
Welcome Alaskaknucklehead!!!! The fish in your avatar look wonderful. I'm lucky in that I live pretty close to Al, he's a great guy and has very nice fish. We are getting out of discus for a bit due to a change in our lives, but we hope to be back in it in the future. This is a great place to hang out and make friends!!!

Barb Newell
01-03-2005, 09:53 AM
Hi Alaskaknucklehead! Welcome to Simply Discus.

Barb :)

nacra99
01-03-2005, 12:25 PM
Welcome Alaskaknucklehead!!
Sounds like your little guy has been through much. I'm sure he's enjoying is retirement with his new friends in his new tank =)

Cheers
Marc

Alaskaknucklehead
01-03-2005, 03:17 PM
Thanks all! Meant to post this thread in the general disscusion forum... oops

When I get home today I will take some new pics to post.

Adam

ed8t
01-03-2005, 09:14 PM
Welcome Adam,

I'm sure it was worth the wait for the little guy.

Alaskaknucklehead
01-04-2005, 12:58 AM
Very much, now I have a discus tank, here is a pic after tonights waterchange.

Alaskaknucklehead
01-04-2005, 01:00 AM
another...

Alaskaknucklehead
01-04-2005, 01:04 AM
Here is an OK shot of my 18 month old. The red ghost behind him is sooooo cute, when he is facing you the markings above his eyes look like lil' eyebrows!

Alaskaknucklehead
01-04-2005, 01:09 AM
Lousy pic, but here is my Blue Diamond Highfin and my wifes Red Spotted Green Snakeskin.

ooooor, do I Simply say: BDHF & RSGSS???

Alaskaknucklehead
01-04-2005, 01:16 AM
Help with any ID my big blue? He came from an LFS, the others all are RMD's: MG, BDHF, RG, RSL, RSGSS.

Millinium Gold
Blue Diamond Highfin
Red Ghost (calico)
Red Spotted Leopord
Red Spotted Green Snakeskin