PDA

View Full Version : Filtration Question

PaintballFan07
01-22-2005, 11:40 AM
Hi, I have a few questions about which type of filter i should get. I just got a wet/dry but its not working so im gonna return it. If i wanted crystal clean water should i got with a Eheim pro 2 canister or Eheim Wet/Dry? I know the wet/dry is a biological filter but wat if i put fine filter pads into one of the baskets and used the prefilter. Would it then be a mechanical and bio filter. With the wet/dry could i keep more disucs in my tank since there is plenty of bacteria in just that filter itself and its breaking down ammonia and turning it to nitrite? Thanks in advance

Carol_Roberts
01-22-2005, 03:38 PM
I would never buy a canister filter for a discus tank again. I have never used a wet/dry so can't comment on whether water would be "crystal clean". I can tell you that water is crystal clean with an aqua clear 110 (with a sponge prefilter on the water intake). Nothing that I have used keeps the tank cleaner.

PaintballFan07
01-22-2005, 04:23 PM
I would never buy a canister filter for a discus tank again. I have never used a wet/dry so can't comment on whether water would be "crystal clean". I can tell you that water is crystal clean with an aqua clear 110 (with a sponge prefilter on the water intake). Nothing that I have used keeps the tank cleaner.
Thanks for the reply Carol. I already have a AC 500 with prefilter and a hydro v sponge. I just wanted extra filteration n i chose to go with a canister.