PDA

View Full Version : Roseline Sharks,

BuffaloDiscus
02-22-2005, 04:00 PM
Hi, All,

I've been keeping eight adult discus successfully for two years now in a 125 gallon planted tank, together with about 20 cardinal tetras and 5 Corydoras sterbia. My question is, does anyone successfully keep Roseline Sharks (Puntius denisonii) in community tanks with their discus? I'm worried mostly about any potential for the roselines nibbling at the discus' sides?

Thanks, and Best,

Tony

Howie_W
02-22-2005, 11:07 PM
Hi Tony,

I think you could certainly give it a try, and be prepared to move them if it's not a good fit. Roselines are part of the Barb family...they'd probably adapt okay to the warmer temps. but I believe they do best in slightly cooler tanks...I usually keep Barbs in the mid 70's temperature range. They're schooling fish so you'll want to have a good 6 or 8 of them together. If it works out please let us know! :)

Howie

tpl*co
02-23-2005, 12:48 AM
I have a roseline with my discus at 86 degrees and he's/she's happy as a clam :). Getting big and I've had no problems with agression on it's part (pretty peaceful). I don't think it is nippy like the tiger barb's.

BuffaloDiscus
02-23-2005, 12:22 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the replies. I will attempt it and keep you updated on how things go.

Thanks,

Tony

mench
02-23-2005, 07:31 PM
Tony,glad to see other Discus nuts in the area

Mench