PDA

View Full Version : Location question

mench
03-02-2005, 09:05 AM
Maybe one of the boards Admin guys can answer this for me...With the new format on this board it seem that under the profile section we can no longer see where a member is located..is this right,and if so can it be fixed?
Thanks,
Mench

brewmaster15
03-02-2005, 10:21 AM
Hi Ron,
everytime a person posts, their location is shown in their post in the upper corner of the post. This is only if the person has filled out their location in their profile.

hth, al

alpine
03-02-2005, 06:01 PM
I think it should be mandatory or at least strongly advised to enter area where new member is from. We should be able to search for state members and see a list of those involved in our state. I have seen some entries like
" In The Green , Green Lands " . Give me a break...
I think in this hobby you should be ready to share your enthusiam and knowledge, especially with your neighbors.

roberto

brewmaster15
03-02-2005, 07:50 PM
Hi Roberto,

I would love it if everyone entered their location... but I can't force people to do so. Thats a personal choice. Even those that have a location entered, could have entered a false one... theres no way to check and not really a reason to.

Generally those that post that info want to be found.. and those that don't post it prefer their privacy.

hth,
al

alpine
03-02-2005, 08:00 PM
It would be Great to see who the people you are talking to are from, it would be Good for beginners and experts alike to know who is close to where they are so they can share their experience...it would be a great stat to see where most of the discus breeders and enthusiats are in the US . I really have not grasped this privacy thing when it relates to this forum ..
But then...that is only my opinion.. :)

glad to be part of this forum,
roberto.
" Fishless in kentucky "