PDA

View Full Version : Good or Bad Experience Buying Discus

3-DDiscus
03-07-2005, 03:45 PM
I just dont understand this sight. If you have a good experience buying discus from a supplier, that is great and let people know. But if you have a bad experience, you should be able to let people know that as well, so they can be better informed when picking a discus supplier to order from?
I just dont understand why this sight will not publish negative experiences posted about discus suppliers. I appreciate hearing both the good and the bad experiences people have had.
I mean, come on, lets deal with rreality here not some fantasy world where everything is just peachy all the time.
Thanks,
Chris

RandalB
03-07-2005, 04:28 PM
Chris,
Welcome to Simplydiscus.com!

It's been proven on this site and others that posting negative feedback on a forum like this has led to nothing constructive. There is also a liability issue for the owner(s) of the board regarding slander. The management of Simplydiscus.com has decided that it is against the rules to post negative experiences here.

You are however allowed to discuss negative experiences off the board by posting a message similar to this: "I had a negative experience with XYZ, Please E-Mail or IM me for further details." In your situation, where you are looking for feedback on Discus Suppliers, you could post a thread: "Has anyone had any experience with XYZ, Please Email or IM me with Details" or "I am from Spokane, WA Does anyone know of a good breeder or Importer in my area".

Simplydiscus.com is not a Public forum where anything goes, it is a privately owned forum and as such has rules to keep things civil and related to the topic at hand. Persons who don't understand that or persist in posting just to cause trouble are banned from the board. We endeavor to keep Simplydiscus.com about Discus Husbandry and related topics.

If you disagree with our mission and rules, you may wish to try other forums such as: www.discusasahobby.com/forum , www.aquaforums.com or www.discusrealms.com and see if they are more to your liking. However, if Keeping and breeding discus is your intent, we definately have a lot of information that can help you.

Again, Welcome to Simplydiscus.com

The Simplydiscus.com Team

RandalB
03-07-2005, 04:34 PM
I forgot to mention, If you have additional questions or concerns regarding the management or rules of Simplydiscus.com, feel free to contact The Owner: Al Sabetta Brewmaster15@netscape.com or simply Brewmaster15 here on simply.

The SimplyDiscus.com Team

FischAutoTechGarten
03-08-2005, 09:30 PM
3-D Discus,
If you just buy from sources that are recommend here as a result of steller feedback, than you probably won't have any bad experiences to warn people about.

ShinShin
03-17-2005, 12:13 AM
But, not everyone has had the same experience with the same breeder/importer. Al, for example, had great experiences with a particular breeder/importer that he reported to us, as did several others. I, on the other hand, will never buy, sight unseen, another discus from this place. The solid yellows were not solid yellows (as Carol R. can attest as she bought them from me) and the F1 Coari's were I have no idea what. I have also received great fish from someone, then got poor specimens on another purchase.

Mat

RandalB
03-17-2005, 04:25 PM
Mat,
That's why you can tell people about your experience by posting the "I had a Positive/Negative Experience with XYZ discus... Please Email or IM for details.."

It limits Simplydiscus.com's liability, minimizes the flaming and the story still gets told.

The Simplydiscus.com Team

ShinShin
03-17-2005, 05:44 PM
Yes, I understand that totally. What I was getting at was one can't go by a stellar recommendation either. I wish I just had half the money back I've spent on discus that were supposed to be top shelf. ;)

Mat

RandalB
03-18-2005, 01:49 AM
Been there myself Larry... I know what you are talking about.

It's always best to ask around or pick out personally...There's maybe 3 people I'd trust to pick fish for me in the whole darn industry.

RandalB

brewmaster15
03-18-2005, 08:59 PM
Thanks Randal for re-stating our policies and reasons. :)

Mat ..I hear you and you are right...Reputations of sellers are no guarantee that you will get great fish every time...but hopefully they increase your chances though.

Everyone also needs to remember that though this site doesn't allow negatives about a seller..Theres nothing against you posting your pics of a sellers fish for an honest assessment of the fish :) That in itself is a valuable tool .

thanks,
al

funkyfish
03-19-2005, 11:10 AM
I'VE BEEN keeping up on this tread just to see the out come.
brew that sounds like a great idea let the people judge for them selves
a pic is worth a thous words

DISCUS USA
03-24-2005, 02:52 PM
One little question,,i recently recieved bad fish from someone advertising on this board,he is not sponsor or commercial vendor,,how can i warn others about this experience ,,

which section do i post this in?

How do i word it without violating Simply discus rules?

Can i write something like this?

Ive had Negative experience with (NO NAME FOR NOW) PM or EMAIL me for details.

Is that ok ?

Thanks for the info.

Hector NYC.

jeep
03-24-2005, 02:56 PM
Yes Hector. That is acceptable...

You are however allowed to discuss negative experiences off the board by posting a message similar to this: "I had a negative experience with XYZ, Please E-Mail or IM me for further details."

Tad
03-24-2005, 03:05 PM
Site rules:This is called a Positive Feedback System. If someone asks for experiences with certain breeders and you have had a negative one, simply state that it was a negative experience and ask those interested to e-mail you for details. In no way is this site to be involved in buyer/seller disputes. Posts of this nature will be removed at the discretion of the owners or their agents.

Tad

DISCUS USA
03-24-2005, 03:58 PM
Tad And Jeep,im not too good with legal wordings.

I think i understand but want to be abit more clear before i proceed.

Ok i want to start thread Will go like this ,

My Experience with such and such was negative.

Then inside thread i put simply PM or Email me for details.

Is that allowed?

Well if it is or not i think will simplify things for others in my situation for possible future reference.

Hector NYC...

brewmaster15
03-24-2005, 06:40 PM
Hector,
Its clearly written, and has been clearly stated many, many times in the past. You have been here a long time and have been involved in these posts in the past with other sellers..... and I have no doubt that you know whats allowed and whats not here.

I am fully aware that you are having a private issue hashed out on another forum and will only state this once... Do not use this site to carry things further. Buyer seller disputes are not a public issue here... You purchased the fish in private, corresponded in private....work out the problems in private.

Additionally, Don't play games with this sites moderators, as the owner of this forum, I do not appreciate this behavior and will not tolerate it. Your posts in this thread are because we editted your comments about a seller elsewhere... and then warned you by IM. Now that we have that cleared up... lets get back to reality and cut the "polite" digs.

Further Discussion on this matter can be taken up with me personally. It does not get any more Simple than this.

-al

DISCUS USA
03-24-2005, 07:06 PM
Al i will contact you now.

Hector

richgrenfell
03-25-2005, 01:56 PM
I had a bad experience with a seller a while ago. I posted pics of the fish and everyone understood what I was getting at....!

Rich