PDA

View Full Version : How many of you fully submerge your ebo heaters?

PaintballFan07
03-11-2005, 06:54 PM
Hello I just got my new ebo's today and dont want to fully submerge yet. So how many of you fully submerge your ebo's?

Carol_Roberts
03-11-2005, 07:06 PM
I ully submerge all my heaters

brewmaster15
03-11-2005, 07:12 PM
Got at least 30 fully submerged ones here.

-al

ed8t
03-11-2005, 07:54 PM
All mine are fully submerged

jimmyjoe
03-11-2005, 08:07 PM
Hey Paintball, you might be right not submerging your new ebo yet. The last time I purchased a heater from Pet Solutions the order taker told me that the new Jager's there called cause it was bought out, was not fully submergable. So on Ebo's buyer beware..................Jim

PaintballFan07
03-11-2005, 08:24 PM
Hey Paintball, you might be right not submerging your new ebo yet. The last time I purchased a heater from Pet Solutions the order taker told me that the new Jager's there called cause it was bought out, was not fully submergable. So on Ebo's buyer beware..................Jim
I also bought my ebo's from petsolutions and they made sure i knew it was not fully submersible b4 i ordered them.

Cosmo
03-11-2005, 08:32 PM
I've been fully submerging ebos for a long long time, and have several of the new "dont submerge below this line" models fully submerges as I type.. never a problem here..
Jim

Dave C
03-11-2005, 08:41 PM
I used to buy & sell reasonable quantities of Ebos. In the U.S. they manufacture them in 3 styles, U.L. Listed, CSA Approved, and no certification. In order to be U.L. Listed or CSA Approved they must state that you should not submerge the heater. That is because it's a risk to submerge any electrical device, not because the heater cannot be submerged. The uncertified heater models do not have the "line" on them regarding their submersibility. They also cost less since certification did not have to be paid for. But all models are equally safe (or unsafe) being fully submerged. The risk is more of an insurance risk. Any heater can become unsafe after it leaves the manufacturer, the cord can be pulled on, the glass can crack, water can get in the heater. Therefore any heater can cause an electrical problem and result in a lawsuit. To cover their a$$ they suggest that you don't submerge the heater. All of my Ebos are submerged, always have been.

PaintballFan07
03-11-2005, 09:02 PM
Hmmm...... Sounds like I'm gonna submerge these all the way now.