PDA

View Full Version : tanks to an APO

Eddie
03-16-2005, 06:17 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows of a place that sells fish tanks and ships to an APO. There doesn't seem to be any at all. Here in the Azores a 30 gallon tank runs about 400-450 dollars. Not no, but Hell no!!! :angry:

Thanks for the help
Eddie

sidra
03-17-2005, 12:31 AM
Could you have someone back home purchase the tank for you and ship it to you?

By the way, how do you move your tanks whenever you get re-located? Just curious.

Eddie
03-17-2005, 12:44 AM
The military ships EVERYTHING and I mean everything. I'm not sure about somebody sending it to me in the mail. I think it would cost lots and lots of money. It would be a weight issue. A 55 or 75 gallon acrylic tank weighs quite a bit. I'll look into it though. Didn't think of that idea. Thanks ;)

sidra
03-17-2005, 12:56 AM
My sister's husband is in the Air Force-they're at McGuire in New Jersey. Anyway, she says you can ship UPS to pretty much anywhere (her husband has been all over Europe, Middle East and Asia).

I was just wondering how you manage to move your fish. I rent so I worry how I'll move my fish next time I move (hopefully not any time soon).

Eddie
03-17-2005, 01:13 AM
I'll have to check out UPS for shipping costs. The fish issue is not an easy one. I guess it will all come down to where I'll be going next and how I will get there. If possible, I will take what discus I can as carry-on luggage. The issue is having a tank set-up at my arrival location. No matter what, I will try to take them anyway. I cycled my tanks with my fish and I'll do it again if I have to. I'll just be doing lots of WC's and I'm a firm believer in Seachem's product Stability. I will use it again and again to cycle my tanks. There are a whole lot factors that will come into play when it comes time for me to move and I guess I will cross that bridge when the time comes, but I'll be doing with fish in hand! ;)

Discusgeo2
03-17-2005, 09:48 PM
Eddie when are you leaving or did you just get there? When you go PCS let me know if you are headed to Arizona and I can hold your fish until you get here. I am sure there are others who would do the same in any State that you are headed too.
George
USAF Retired

Eddie
03-17-2005, 11:41 PM
Sounds like a good idea. As soon as I find out where I'm headed, I'll start looking for arrangements. Thanks George

Eddie

fredwhit
03-21-2005, 08:36 PM
When I lived in Panama I used APO all the time. Have you thought of buying the glass for your aquarium cut to size and then ship it to your location? You can get some RTV fairly cheap and put it together yourself. I think it would be a lot easier than sending one complete. This way you could keep within the limits for APO and get a fairly large tank for yourself. Hope this helps, Fred

I was wondering if anyone knows of a place that sells fish tanks and ships to an APO. There doesn't seem to be any at all. Here in the Azores a 30 gallon tank runs about 400-450 dollars. Not no, but Hell no!!! :angry:

Thanks for the help
Eddie

Eddie
03-22-2005, 04:23 AM
Thanks for info,
I think I will be waiting until I get to England in November. The pound is gonna kill me but I'll get a nice big tank. :)

Eddie

Discusgeo2
03-22-2005, 09:53 AM
Eddie what are you thinking. Going from one extream (Azores-hot) to another England (Cold) heck you should have just signed up for Minot, ND Nothing against N. Dakota I live there for 3years while in the Air Force.
George
USAF Retired
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2002-1/7658/inmemory-sm.jpg

GEM
03-22-2005, 12:13 PM
HI JUST REMEBER THAT A ACRYLIC TANK OF THE SAME SIZE AS A GLASS WEIGHTS ALOT LESS IF YOU ARE GOING TO SHIP IT.

GORDON

Eddie
03-22-2005, 01:03 PM
Sorry, can't do MINOT. The Air Force is trying to prevent suicides not promote them. Ha...Ha :D

Canuck
03-26-2005, 09:17 PM
Thanks for info,
I think I will be waiting until I get to England in November. The pound is gonna kill me but I'll get a nice big tank. :)

Eddie

The pound is rather expensive! The pound is about $1.92 today. PM me if you want more info...I was over there 3 years and it was an awesome time!

Eddie
03-27-2005, 02:51 AM
Thanks Canuck,
I was in England last month for two weeks and boy was that a killer on my pocket book. I'm still broke. No, but I definitely felt the power of the pound and it hurt.

Canuck
03-28-2005, 02:29 AM
Thanks Canuck,
I was in England last month for two weeks and boy was that a killer on my pocket book. I'm still broke. No, but I definitely felt the power of the pound and it hurt.

I have no doubt! A fortnight trip, cool! I'd really like to get back there, to the UK. Whilst there, I did loads of England, Republic of Ireland, Wales, Scotland, Austria x2 for skiing and 2 other places I didn't care for way south and east of the UK. DId it rain a lot whist there? Somehow I remember that Jan was a rainy month more than not, or snowing if you were lucky!

Speaking of snow, we got about 4"-6" today and more on the way for the rest of the week! Wooo-hooo!

Eddie
03-28-2005, 09:46 AM
C,
It was actually not too bad. It snowed a few times and there was some freezing rain but I like the cold. I'll enjoy it when I move there I'm sure. :)

Eddie