PDA

View Full Version : Always something with these fish

korbi_doc
04-02-2005, 10:40 AM
:huh: Well, last nite was interesting.. my Via Aqua 3600 pump (from the R/O water tubs) suddenly quit & of course "after" I had dumped the water out of the tanks. Tore it apart & the impeller was in pieces. Now, I had just taken down the wet/dry from the 90g & put up an AC500, so I thought I'd just use that pump, a mag 7 Danner. But, had no fitting for the 3/4" garden hose I use to transfer water. I had just about given up, but after about 2 hrs (I'm slow) managed to figure out a "jerry-rig" with cut pieces of plastic hose & fittings I found in the extra "pieces pile" :idea2: Now, I can't complain, this VA pump has worked hard for a very long time, but I sure would like to find an impeller, the motor works fine. The mag 7 is even older but works well also, just needs fixtures...so guess I'm off to Home Depot & lowes today to try to make a more reliable "fix"........always something, lol, & why does it always happen just before you're ready to leave for a few days or late at nite when you're sooooo tired, :crazy: Dottie

dishpanhands
04-02-2005, 10:48 AM
its call Murphy's law..remember: what can go wrong will go wrong at the worst time..it's my life....lol

oodi
04-02-2005, 11:21 AM
Dottie... I think it's time to change your name to "MacGyver"! :D

Judi
:)

Carol_Roberts
04-02-2005, 01:03 PM
I'd buy an extra pump to have on hand. I keep one in each barrel to save time