PDA

View Full Version : Kordon breathable bags

raglanroad
05-18-2005, 12:13 PM
Jim Robinson will be speaking at the Toronto Willowdale club tonight. At the big auction last weekend, he had for sale the new Severum rotties. But the big hit was the breathable bags. No air, no sloshing, and the fish went from Thursday till Tuesday night in the bag with no air, only water and Amquel, till one customer finally got the tank set up for them. No problem, the fish came out and ate within minutes.

raglanroad
05-18-2005, 11:07 PM
Jim says fish have been in bags for 6 weeks before, and still O.K.

Moon
05-19-2005, 11:37 AM
Dave
I got a bag of red severums from Jim on friday night at the CAOAC convention. They did not get into my tank untill sunday evening. The fish were OK. I was concerned about ammonia build up. I checked the water ammonia was present but had no effect on the fish. I did not float the bags as I normally do. Instead they were transfered to a container and aclimatized.
Were you at the convention in Markham? There were some very good speakers. One on breeding catfish was particularly good.
Joe

Pooquey2000
12-08-2005, 06:30 AM
Hi All,

I did a search on breathable bags, and there this thread was! I was half expecting to find nothing on the subject. I'm going to have a chance to use mine for the first time when I p/u some trial cardinals next week. My parameters are far differant than what they are in now, hence the longer term use of the bags. BTW, what do you think, drip or just add my water (which will be cooler and lower in pH) in small portions over how long a period. My LFS has his opinion, but you know what that means to me!

Does anyone have any other usefull comments about using these bags. I do remember that you have to be careful what you pack around them and to leave it loose for O2 to have access to the outside of the bags.

Thanks,

Colette

Kindredspirit
12-08-2005, 06:11 PM
Collette Collette Collette.....http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_30_119.gif( you can run but you can not hide)

Well, actually you are doing a pretty good job as I can not find you!
Have ya checked your email at Yahoo yet?? Im thinking...No...lol!!

Please do, babe....asap~

Or email me at aol, or yahoo....

Just find me okay?

Marie~

Moon
12-09-2005, 11:55 AM
The bag should be filled with water with no air gap and the outside should not get wet.

Pooquey2000
12-09-2005, 04:35 PM
Hi Moon,

Thank you for mentioning not to get the outside of the bags wet. I would not have thought of that!

Happy Holidays,

Colette

Moon
12-09-2005, 05:04 PM
I got that info from Stan Schuble the famous guppy man. Let me wish you a Merry Christmas.