PDA

View Full Version : Male bashing Female

marg
05-19-2005, 11:40 PM
:(
I am wondering if someone out there can give me some advice?

I had 5 Discus in my 55 gallon planted tank. One pair were regularly swawning and on three occasions even got to wriggler stage (before they "lost" their babies due to the size of the tank. On the last occasion they moved the babies into a corner but alas, over two days eventually lost them. I separated them and placed them into a 2 foot bare bottomed tank and after two days they again spawned but after two days ate the eggs. That was 3 weeks ago - since then they've gone on strike - and for the past two days the male has been chasing the Female into the back corneer and won't let her out - if she tries to move he attacks her.

What should I do?. Should I put them back into the 55 gallon tank (where they used to always get on fine?. I really want some babies but it isn't going to happen at this rate.

discushunt
05-20-2005, 09:48 AM
it is not about the tank problem. i has a pair before. when they lay egg, try not to disturb them. they feel treat, they will eat their egg.

Giniel
05-20-2005, 01:22 PM
I have the same problem and was told to seperate themfor awhile .But, it has not worked.I am going to try to just ignore them and see what happens for a day or two.
Just watch her to make sur ehe doesn't actually hurt her.If he does I would move him back to the other tank until she heals then you could try to put them back together again.
Debbie

Carol_Roberts
05-20-2005, 04:22 PM
Sometimes a divider in the breeding tank works better than actually removing the fish . . .