PDA

View Full Version : plexi tanks

jimmyhat
05-23-2005, 02:48 PM
If you treat a plexi tank with blue or anything with dyes wil lit stain the tank permanantly? Just a question to a newby plexi owner :confused:

April
05-23-2005, 08:32 PM
ive used lots of dye type meds..no blue in mine..ive also used acriflavin..and malachite and blue. all good. tru vu is the best quality plexi you can get.

shalu
05-23-2005, 08:38 PM
I don't notice any discoloration. But, be careful with plecos in plexi tank. My bristlenose and rubbermouth plecos scratched my Truvu 100 gallon plexiglass tank pretty bad, it is all foggy looking. Can't even take a decent picture anymore.

jimmyhat
05-23-2005, 11:27 PM
good tip shaloooo

April
05-24-2005, 02:26 AM
yeah i have heard that..they wil rasp them..and do damage.

jimmyhat
05-24-2005, 10:42 AM
a buddy of mine was a professor at ubc in a department where they did tests in plexi tanks with crazy chemicals. He showed me a product that will take a deep grove (scratchs) out of a plexi tank and make it brand new looking again.. Just means i would have to drain the tank and do it up!!!

korbi_doc
05-24-2005, 03:39 PM
a buddy of mine was a professor at ubc in a department where they did tests in plexi tanks with crazy chemicals. He showed me a product that will take a deep grove (scratchs) out of a plexi tank and make it brand new looking again.. Just means i would have to drain the tank and do it up!!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: SOOOOOO, TELL US!! WHAT IS IT?? :computer2 There may be some of us who could use that info to clear up our tanks!!! lol, Dottie :D

jimmyhat
05-24-2005, 04:32 PM
Just emailed him im seeking my files and cannot find the name of it...

And i think the plecos are tearing up the inside good its getting foggy :mad:

jimmyhat
05-24-2005, 04:33 PM
class 7 fish from this link:
http://www.discusnada.org/

Where can i get some?

jimmyhat
05-24-2005, 06:54 PM
Its only available in large large quantities and im gonna bottle and sell this stuff!

So my website should be up within the next month selling the bottles..

I know how well it works due to my suzuki gsxr windscreen which was a plexi plastic resin was scratched all to hell and i rubbed on and off and it looked like new. He showed me a demo on a plexi tank with large scratchs and grooves and i was sold after the rub on and rub off..

Now a name

Bill & Jimmyhats miracle Drug for plexiglass.

Bill corrupted me on discus so he has to have a name on the product!

the flashy slogan:
Your tank will look so good you will kick your discus out and just view the tank alone!

shalu
05-24-2005, 06:57 PM
And i think the plecos are tearing up the inside good its getting foggy :mad:
Boy, that's fast work. It took mine good 6 months to see the fogginess. oh, maybe you have had it for a while.

jimmyhat
05-24-2005, 07:01 PM
the plecos are alot and large im trying to sell the ones that mung the walls... Since im running UV nothing to eat aka alage so they just mung everything. I just put some driftwood and amazon wood in last night its keeping them stuck to that so far,,, they eat way to many pleco tabs and cucmbers!!!

with 50% wcs they grow so fast :confused:

April
05-24-2005, 07:13 PM
ill be your first customer for your bottled plexi glass tank fixer upperer. i had a product i got from king ed..for plexi tanks. worked so so..of course i didnt spend the time..

aggie_67
05-26-2005, 11:09 PM
Jimmy,

Know if you sell the stuff you will have to tell on the label and on a MSDS what is in it!

jimmyhat
05-26-2005, 11:10 PM
never