PDA

View Full Version : mixing angels with discus

johny2hats
05-30-2005, 06:08 AM
i would love to know what everybody thinks about mixing angels and discus together i have 5 discus and would like to put 3 or 4 angels with them in a 5by2 by2 foot take :confused:

shaunn
05-30-2005, 08:06 AM
I have Discus an Angels in my tank. They are fine, but the only thing that you must remember are that Angels are very grabby when you feed them and may intimidate your Discus and affect their mealtime.

In your specific case, you already have Discus, and I am sure that you don't want anything to happen to them. I would absolutely suggest that you quarantine your angels for over two weeks. If you want to get 3 or 4 baby angels, a 10 gallon tank on a sponge filter will do (seed the sponge first.)

Good luck.

Just remember Discus are more valuable than angels.

KIWI13
05-30-2005, 08:59 AM
I have them mixed and they do great. Just make sure your around while feeding and make sure all eat their fair share.
They do make great tank mates and if given enough of space can will together in harmony.

oodi
05-30-2005, 10:28 AM
Personally, I wouldn't do it. As Shaunn said, angels are very aggressive. If you decide to do this, make sure you follow strict quarantine procedures. I would QT for at least 6 weeks before adding any new fish.

Judi
:)

JimmyL
05-30-2005, 11:16 AM
They are fine when they are small. They will bring the aggresiveness out of the discus. The only problems is when they are ready to breed and courting. You will find many broken tails on your discus. It's best to separate them unless they are Altum Angel. They don't breed every week like the domestic.
Jimmy