PDA

View Full Version : PraziPro

dhags
06-02-2005, 06:47 AM
Hi,not my tank here with Barb's fish thank goodness,but my tank in sakatoon has flukes.Igot some PraziPro but i have never used it before, and it will not be me using it.My friend looking after them will be,Ido not like the direction's on the bottle. Do not like to go too long without water changes.What would be the best thing to tell him how to treat with PraziPro for flukes.
Thank-you
Dan

kodiak
06-02-2005, 12:54 PM
Use the instructions on the bottle. Do water changes as normal and replace the "lost" prazipro afterwards. For example if you do a 25% water change add 25% of the original dose. Do this for 1 week. This method has worked great for me.

dhags
06-02-2005, 01:04 PM
thank-you Kodiak has this terminated them for you this way?I had them before and them buggers were tough to get rid of,is this an easy treatment on the fish?Last time i used fluke tabs took two doses but killed them dead,but there was not one thing i liked about what they did to my fish.For a couple of weeks horrible colour,
appetites were bad,and they were scared of me or anyone for that matter,never again.

Dan

ed8t
06-02-2005, 05:59 PM
I'm in the middle of doing a follow-up treatment from the initial treatment a couple of weeks ago.

Fish took to it quite well, no loss of appetites...actually a couple of fish improved their appetites, colours and activity levels were good. Bio-filter didn't seem affected by the PraziPro treatment at all.

I did reduce water changes, instead of 50% daily WC, I was doing 25% every other day and replaced what I took out.
hth

dhags
06-02-2005, 08:11 PM
That was very helpful.It was my first treatment this morning and they are doing great,just wanted to know what to expect and you answered that. Thank-you Dan

dhags
06-02-2005, 08:20 PM
Was not sure what to expect, did first treatment this morning.When i talked to my friend last he said they were great.So thanks for your useful info on your expierience with it.

Dan

dhags
06-03-2005, 02:44 PM
How long usually before you see improvment?