PDA

View Full Version : Imminent Leak

PsychoKnight
06-06-2005, 10:56 PM
Can someone tell me if this the glass pane joint is coming apart, or just normal discoloration?

The blue is a vinyl folder I held up against the tank as a backdrop.

funkyfish
06-07-2005, 02:16 PM
looks to me as if it is coming apart. it mit be time to move the residents out
and reseal it. is that a salt water tank or fresh water?????
how old is the tank????

Moon
06-07-2005, 04:55 PM
If it is coming apart it will start at the top which is the weakest part of the joint. I had this happen to an old 125g tank without any warning signs. Lost a whole bunch of expensive and lovingly raised catfish.
I would keep an eye on it.

PsychoKnight
06-07-2005, 11:40 PM
It was a freshwater, 1-1/2 years old, but has been converted to saltwater during the last 3 weeks. Interesting that I frequently check the edges because I like the glassy smooth consistency of the green edge of the glass, and now that I've switched to marine, the seam is coming apart. A comparable seamless acrylic tank is very expensive. But oh well, I've already spent $600 on 60g project which is projected to run $2,500 just for a basic reef setup, w/out any fish added to the cost. Thanks for your advice, I thought as much but needed a second opinion.

funkyfish
06-08-2005, 10:00 AM
that don't sound right 1 1\2 year old and it's already coming apart. did u buy it new i had a tankthat did that and started leaking but it was about 10 years
old
well good luck